Wiz News Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

christo930

I was wondering why there was nothing happening for the Wiz and then found out that plenty has been happening but it doesn't appear on the front page. Has gp32x decided that they don't want to focus on the Wiz?

Chris

It's indeed unfortunate, perhaps one of the reasons why feedback on software is so sparse.

It's indeed unfortunate, perhaps one of the reasons why feedback on software is so sparse.
I can't believe people can actually say with a straight face that there is no Pandora bias here when they won't let Wiz news on the front page. Are they afraid of losing Pandora buys if people see the Wiz being well supported? The site belongs to Hando so it's his decision, but I wish he would reconsider. At least the Wiz is actually here.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, It's probably more likely that a box was forgotten to be ticked when setting up the wiz news forum, than anything deliberate. Its the same when the Pandora news forum was setup, and it wasn't set to moderated by default like the gp2x news forum has always been.

PM Hando or Ed and it'll probably be done.

(I don't see any Pandora news on the front page either...)

I can't believe people can actually say with a straight face that there is no Pandora bias here when they won't let Wiz news on the front page. Are they afraid of losing Pandora buys if people see the Wiz being well supported? The site belongs to Hando so it's his decision, but I wish he would reconsider. At least the Wiz is actually here.

Chris
I can't believe you also actually think that this is done deliberately as an agenda against the Wiz :/ It's just a mistake, nothing more.

Even if you really believe something bordering on outlandish conspiracy theory it makes no sense. Why would EvilDragon conspire against news posts on the Wiz then make several Wiz news posts on the forum?

I think the ones making these claims are the ones who are coming off as biased. Maybe some people are not comfortable with a site that isn't biased in favor of the Wiz?

Maybe some people are not comfortable with a site that isn't biased in favor of the Wiz?

I really don't know why it's necessary to put even more oil to the fire....

lol flame-free is the way to be. if you guys haven't noticed, our numbers are low =) we dont have the peeps for a civil war =P

To be honest, It's probably more likely that a box was forgotten to be ticked when setting up the wiz news forum, than anything deliberate. Its the same when the Pandora news forum was setup, and it wasn't set to moderated by default like the gp2x news forum has always been.
PM Hando or Ed and it'll probably be done.

(I don't see any Pandora news on the front page either...)

When I say "news", I really mean software releases. That is what has been traditionally on the front page. I don't think it's a conspiracy, having a bias is not the same thing as a conspiracy. I am also grateful for what ED has done to help the community and his software which has been free. But I do suspect that when the Pandora is released, we will see software releases on the front page. I really can't see how this "slight error" has been going on for about a month with nobody noticing.

Chris

People have noticed. Franxis was saying the same thing, that it was done deliberately because this website is anti-Wiz. But if there's one thing you should know about gp32x, it's that when something is broken it often doesn't get fixed for a while.

I just don't see how you think that moderators or admins here are biased against the Wiz, especially to the point where they're deliberately trying to hurt it by withholding news :/

... Maybe "a box was forgotten to be ticked" for more than a month...
I wish there was something I could say or do to convince you and christo that you're wrong about this. EvilDragon has been very supportive of Wiz, not to mention WarmFluffyUK who is obviously highly in favor of it. And the board activity has been quite Wiz dominant since it was released. I know a lot of people on gp32spain complain about craigix being anti-Wiz and his video being so biased but I have yet to see a real explanation of how he was unfair to it. Even if that's the case, craigix has no say in this board whatsoever.

It's exactly as Squidge said, Pandora news hasn't shown up either - do you think none has been posted? Go look at the section...

Why would it surprise anyone that something on these boards could go unfixed for such a long time? Has everyone already forgotten how long things went before anything was done about all the bugs?

Yes, anti-Wiz and pro-Pandora... It is exactly what i said (three weeks ago"]... Maybe "a box was forgotten to be ticked" for more than a month...
I wish there was something I could say or do to convince you and christo that you're wrong about this. EvilDragon has been very supportive of Wiz, not to mention WarmFluffyUK who is obviously highly in favor of it. And the board activity has been quite Wiz dominant since it was released. I know a lot of people on gp32spain complain about craigix being anti-Wiz and his video being so biased but I have yet to see a real explanation of how he was unfair to it. Even if that's the case, craigix has no say in this board whatsoever.

It's exactly as Squidge said, Pandora news hasn't shown up either - do you think none has been posted? Go look at the section...

Why would it surprise anyone that something on these boards could go unfixed for such a long time? Has everyone already forgotten how long things went before anything was done about all the bugs?[/quote]Think of a bias like this
"oh, the Wiz news isn't being posted on the front page, somebody ought to fix that"
and
"Oh, the Pandora news isn't being posted on the front page, I better fix that right now"
Again, when I say news, I mean software releases. There really is no point for any other "news" other than "It's here" which already happened for Wiz and is only a 1 time announcement.

I know ED has been helpful and seems to be a pretty decent guy as are a number of the people involved in the project, I just think it's not possible to not be biases against the competition of your own invention and financial gain. It's just human nature.

A quick edit: When I reposted this post to the front page, it was immediately deleted and I did mention how it ties in with gp2x since I missed at least 1 release for the gp2x since it was inside a wiz release (so it was technically on topic for the gpx2 forum).

Think of a bias like this
"oh, the Wiz news isn't being posted on the front page, somebody ought to fix that"
and
"Oh, the Pandora news isn't being posted on the front page, I better fix that right now"
Again, when I say news, I mean software releases. There really is no point for any other "news" other than "It's here" which already happened for Wiz and is only a 1 time announcement.
You're accusing them of something that hasn't actually happened. That's not very fair.

I know ED has been helpful and seems to be a pretty decent guy as are a number of the people involved in the project, I just think it's not possible to not be biases against the competition of your own invention and financial gain. It's just human nature.
Pandora is not ED's invention. He's an investor. It isn't much different for Wiz which he is selling in his shop and therefore also contributes financial gain.

Regardless of what you say, it just isn't fair to claim things like this simply because it's "human nature."

I'm sure if ED has the capability to fix this he will as soon as he sees it. I'm sure that no one who is capable of fixing it is choosing not to.

Yes, anti-Wiz and pro-Pandora... It is exactly what i said (three weeks ago"]... Maybe "a box was forgotten to be ticked" for more than a month...

Why would it surprise anyone that something on these boards could go unfixed for such a long time? Has everyone already forgotten how long things went before anything was done about all the bugs?[/quote]I'm in these forums for about 5 years. I have respect and admiration for EvilDragon, Hando, Squidge, Notaz and a lot of other people (you are included). I would like to be convinced, but i honestly i think it is not a mistake, it is deliberated.

. I would like to be convinced, but i honestly i think it is not a mistake, it is deliberated.
Then whose decision do you think it was? Who do you think is perpetuating this? Or do you think several people behind the scenes have collaborated on it?

Yes it is the "vast Pandora-wing conspiracy" :lol:

Honestly there are far too many tin foil hats being worn a little too tight around here.

Is Craig biased toward the Pandora? He better be! I mean he has pumped allot of time and effort in to it and if we want it to come out soon he NEEDS to be "biased". I don't see that this has anything to do with the news section though. Also all of us are "biased". You are biased to the handheld you like. It is not a zero sum game though. I am "biased" towards the Pandora as I put allot of work into it, but I also like the Wiz too. The Dingoo not so much, it is nice but I really don't care about it. Whatever.

This forum just has bugs. It still doesn't remember me even though I checked the "remember me" :rolleyes: box, and it limits me to only one PM per day :angry: . I have bitched about that along time ago and it still is broke. I think it has most to do with the fact that Hando is busy with real life and hasn't had time to massage the boards back into perfection. We are probably just lucky it is back up and kind of works.

I think it has more to do with a combination of coincedence, bugs, and limited free time for the board admin. People tend to read in what they think and blend coincidences (and ignore contradicting facts). It is just like astrology, ESP, UFOs, 9/11 conspiracies etc. I seriously doubt there is any conspiracy against the Wiz or any other system here.

I think some of us need to grab a paper bag, stop hyperventilating and basically chill the fuck out!

Damn, I go to the Pandora section and people are bitchin' because they haven't received their handheld yet and it's a conspiracy to steal their money. I come here and people are bitchin' that there's a conspiracy to stop the Wiz from doing well so Pandora can steal all the glory. No wonder I took a break from this place for a while. Uhg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back