Wiz Update - Wi-Fi Dongle

iAmGhost

Still Fresh
Website
9h0st.co.cc
http://www.betanews.net/article/442009&ad=rss

According to GPH, Now Wiz has built-in Wi-Fi and Wibro support by USB port.
And also, Flash Player has updated. Now it supports Flash 7, Flash 8, Flash 9(Partially).

Edit: by "Peter R" Saying, Built-in Wi-Fi is not, Maybe it's a wrong news?
Edit 2: News article got corrected to "Wi-Fi Support by External Module, not Built-in."

Last edited by a moderator:
Preliminary info I have from GPH on this says that the Wifi hardware is NOT built in. They have a Wifi driver, or something like that, which is included but one must use a dongle separately I am told.

Peter R said:
Preliminary info I have from GPH on this says that the Wifi hardware is NOT built in. They have a Wifi driver, or something like that, which is included but one must use a dongle separately I am told.
It's called Network Adaptor.
It was planned sold separately, i knew about that. but in news article, they said "While Wiz got delayed, we included built-in Wi-Fi Wireless Network, and added support for WiBro Modem via USB port."

It would be gr8 if it would have build in WIFI but even the dedicated ( don't know how to wright it ) external one is nice and the

Now it supports Flash 7, Flash 8, Flash 9(Partially).

is the best ,, will it later support Flash 9 ( not partially ,, what ever partially means )

iAmGhost said:
Peter R said:
It was planned sold separately, i knew about that. but in news article, they said "While Wiz got delayed, we included built-in Wi-Fi Wireless Network, and added support for WiBro Modem via USB port."

I am not sure I understand entirely what you mean but I will repeat what i have already said.

I have spoken to GPH directly today about this. The WiFi is not built into the Wiz. They are developing a dongle and have the drivers for that dongle already.

Peter R said:
iAmGhost said:
Peter R said:

I am not sure I understand entirely what you mean but I will repeat what i have already said.

I have spoken to GPH directly today about this. The WiFi is not. built into the Wiz. They are developing a dongle and have the drivers for that dongle already.

Well..
Sorry if i delivered wrong information, i got a little bit confused now :wacko:

Peter R said:
I have spoken to GPH directly today about this. The WiFi is not built into the Wiz. They are developing a dongle and have the drivers for that dongle already.
Sounds great :) . Sorry for the stupid question, where will this 'dongle' plug in? Does the Wiz have an ext port?

Yes it does, it's the same as the GP2X's, and placed in the same spot (bottom, middle). It's also used for charging the battery and for browsing the NAND or SD card via USB connection.

I'm glad they'll make this add-on, if it will be reasonably priced it should be pretty popular :)

^ They are still accepting preorders, so are unlikely to change it.

Edit: You mean the dongle? Havn't seen any.
We need a name for the dongle, I'm sure GPH can come up with a suitibly awkward one :)

It would be nice if they included this in the package.
Otherwise it'll just become some obscure accessory that devs won't bother supporting.

Don't think it will be included in the package becous as Pandora said many People alredy ordered it and don't think GPH was thinking about adding the dongle to the box before :) :) becous they didn't even think ( to far ) about the menu and didn't have any extra amount of time ( as many other companis do ) and that's why it is delayed but I don't really feel sad becous any way I didn't pre-order it yet becous of my contry and its shops didn't provide the Wiz :( :( well at least my Mum is going to USA in march so she will buy it I would be glad if the dongle would be sold befor the end of march becous other wise I won't have it :( :(

Orange Pumpkin's right, It most likely won't be in the box. It won't be an obscure accessory, I think devs will embrace it :).

I'd be curious to know what the power use of it was, I should suspect if it is a USB one it will KILL the battery life to such an extent that it may only be advisable to use it with a PSU.

before know the Wi-Fi dongle i was looking for wifi SD-CARD like this.
i will wait for the Wi-Fi dongle, that will be great to check my mail box before play :D

There are pictures on first side of this post : first read then wright :) :)

Will it take the WHOLE EXT port if yes I supose I won't buy it :) :)

Edit: I guess it will work like a small HUB with USB but this are only guesses ( based on it's size ,, it is really big for a WIFI card )

Back