Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Web Browser Available ?

andymanone

Website
korg.radias.de
Hi folks,

now i need your help :)

I´m searching for a working WIZ-Webbrowser, but till now without success :( !

In the past i´ve used Qtopia (with integrated Opera Browser) for my F100,
but unfortunately in the new Wiz-Qtopia Release, Opera is actually not included :( .

Has anybody an idea what i can use for?
Or somebody here, who´s working on a browser or able to include Opera to Qtopia ?

I´m thankful for any help and any hint !!!

andY

with Qt it's very easy to create a simple browser. I assume you need it for offline browsing, and it would be enough for that purpose
however, when the network adapter for WIZ comes out, i'm sure you won't have to wait too long for web browsers ;)

glezmen said:
with Qt it's very easy to create a simple browser. I assume you need it for offline browsing, and it would be enough for that purpose
however, when the network adapter for WIZ comes out, i'm sure you won't have to wait too long for web browsers ;)
Hi glezmen,

Thanks for your feedback!
But i must explain, i´m actually working on a WIZ-WiFi solution, so i need of course an online browser :) .

(and i don´t want to wait till GPH has released his one ;) )

Can you explain to me, how to create a browser Qt ?

Thanks,
andY

Last edited by a moderator:
andymanone said:
glezmen said:
Hi glezmen,

But i must explain, i´m actually working on a WIZ-WiFi solution, so i need of course an online browser :) .

Thanks,
andY

wifi for wiz? wow, that sounds interesting!
about the Qt browser: if Qt is ported to WIZ (and since we have Qtopia and Qt embedded, i guess it should work), you can use the webkit classes
a simple example: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/webkit-fancybrowser.html
i don't know if qt embedded can be directly compiled for wiz, and what qt version does Qtopia use, but i will look after it when i have a little time

glezmen said:
andymanone said:
glezmen said:
Hi glezmen,

Thanks,
andY

wifi for wiz? wow, that sounds interesting!
about the Qt browser: if Qt is ported to WIZ (and since we have Qtopia and Qt embedded, i guess it should work), you can use the webkit classes
a simple example: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/webkit-fancybrowser.html
i don't know if qt embedded can be directly compiled for wiz, and what qt version does Qtopia use, but i will look after it when i have a little time

Hey glezmen, (i made a WIFI solution for the old F100/F200) and now i´m very closed to the final solution for the Wiz.

It would be great, if you can check out if it possible with the Qt opportunities!

Thanks,
andY

You can build your own kernel and rootfs.

I have done it. And WLAN works.

You could use e.g. Arora

Back