Wolf4sdl

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
How about something actually playable?

Heres wolf4sdl

Works very well, we can see it as it can run 16 bpp mode. Theres is a little work required the included libs are needed. I put them /lib, libmad needed to be soft linked. It reports on the command line whats missing.
Theres a seg fault on quitting, no idea where it is.
Theres no restart of the menu, so make script if you need it.

Nice one Pickle :)

Unfortunately it freezes at launch. I use the same game files I use with your GP2X release (v1.4 GT_ID_Activision), but unfortunately I have no means of checking the command line output - there's no USB networking, or at least not in firmware V0.17 right? ... but Wolf.gpe 1>a.txt 2>b.txt solved all problems :D

I left the lib folder in eolf.

Alex. said:
Nice one Pickle :)

Unfortunately it freezes at launch. I use the same game files I use with your GP2X release (v1.4 GT_ID_Activision), but unfortunately I have no means of checking the command line output - there's no USB networking, or at least not in firmware V0.17 right?

I left the lib folder in eolf.
put the game files anywhere, the lib files have to go in /lib (i dont think these can go in the game folder)
Im basically dynamically linking to newer libs than what are on the wiz. There no usb networking. The only way is through a serial port which is coming out on the ext connector. My wiz came with a bob which has the serial port on it. If you dont have that, maybe you could write a script to do it, but your basically blind with the command output.
If you have the bob read through the sdlquake thread for some details on getting it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, thanks - me and Linux barely got acquainted outside of the GP2X :D

Works fantastic, oh by the way, it seems to want libmikmod.so.2 instead of libmikmod.so.2.0.4. Thanks again Pickle :)

Edit: it's amazing how much better this game plays with the Wiz dpad compared to the GP2X's stick, a world of difference.

Alex. said:
Haha, thanks - me and Linux barely got acquainted outside of the GP2X :D

Works fantastic, oh by the way, it seems to want libmikmod.so.2 instead of libmikmod.so.2.0.4. Thanks again Pickle :)

Edit: it's amazing how much better this game plays with the Wiz dpad compared to the GP2X's stick, a world of difference.
Thanks, glad you got it to work.
libmikmod.so.2 is just a softlink to the exact version, i would for example cp 2.0.4 then I would
ln -s libmikmod.so.2 libmikmod.so.2.0.4
At least thats how ive come to understand how it works

Last edited by a moderator:
Back