Working Port Of Gngeo

I have been noticing screen tearing with this emu.

Isnt there a way to maybe double buffer or something?

manolis said:
SomeGuy99 said:
No roms appear. Clicking 'rom directories ...' does nothing.
There was a bug that made it unable to add rom directories by clicking on the rom directories button. Its fixed now please redownload gngeo-0.7-xgngeo-r1.pnd
Sorry

Great job Manolis :lol: !

Keep going ;) ... I'm sure this will become a masterpiece :D !!!

May the force be with you
smiley-sw025.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to have that frontend going. Amazing how fast this emu is.

And I guess it's a bug with the asm stuff, but the sound hangs in Sonic Wings 2/3 in the new version. Oh well, I'll survive. :)

Not actually bothered about this front end cause i hate all that romset crap, i'd rather see the games i have under the names i give them, plus the frontend doesnt list all the games i have on the card, would rather have a proper front end like picodrive, where you have the options and just pick the rom to load, thanks for the effort for other people though.

naples39 said:
Nice to have that frontend going. Amazing how fast this emu is.

And I guess it's a bug with the asm stuff, but the sound hangs in Sonic Wings 2/3 in the new version. Oh well, I'll survive. :)
Yeah that sound bug is in the Wiz version too. I guess the DrZ80 breaks it? Also if Cyclone was added maybe the screen tearing would be less?

Also Viewpoint crashes to the menu after goint through the intro a bit with message "invalid instruction".

the ROM browser doesn't show Metal Slug 3,4,5. There is no sound in Pulstar intro.

Anyone else with these issues?

Hello All!

Nice to see a port of gngeo on the pandora.
This version is really old though. I've rewrited many thing since that.
I'm patiently waiting my pandora so I can make a proper port.

Pepone.

pepone said:
Hello All!

Nice to see a port of gngeo on the pandora.
This version is really old though. I've rewrited many thing since that.
I'm patiently waiting my pandora so I can make a proper port.

Pepone.
Hi, thanks for the original gngeo, great job there, i'll look forward to a more compatible release with proper frontend ;) cheers

Cpasjuste said:
The problem comes from the cyclone core
No, it comes from people not using it properly.

Cpasjuste said:
Else for the cyclone core, you would have to update it to latest notaz cyclone and update the blob to reflect changes (which is out of my knowledge :) )
What blob? The .s can be built just like any other source.

jumpman said:
WOW, the new frontend rocks!

Thanks again!

Chris

Do not know what I am doing wrong but after directing the program to the location of the bios and roms, it locks up... the left green indication light keeps blinking but nothing ever comes up...

Anyone have this problem ?
On my SD Card I have the following:

pandora/appdata/gngeo/bios
pandora/appdata/gngeo/roms
pandora/mmenu/gngeo-0.7-xgngeo-r1.pnd

the roms are zipped, the bios files are not.

Eisner said:
jumpman said:

Thanks again!

Chris

Do not know what I am doing wrong but after directing the program to the location of the bios and roms, it locks up... the left green indication light keeps blinking but nothing ever comes up...

yeah i have this same problem. i am just re-downloading the pnd in case it is corrupt.
I must add that o have issues with other EMU PND's working then not after exiting. i am trying to track down if there is something repetable to get them to work.

Hello,

I got it working !!

I was having other issues with my Pandora so I re-flashed the unit. After that, I did the updates and re-directed GnGeo to the correct directories and all was well after that.. Picked up on 3 of the 5 rom sets but that is most likely due to bad roms and not the program.

I forgot to mention before that GeGeo was looking for the executive program in the following directory :
\mnt\utmp\gngeo\gngeo

I believe, although far from me to say, that the problem must have been around the mounting of the SD card.
When I tried to unmount the card, I kept getting an error that the OS could not unmount the card.

Anyways.. hope that this helps.

David...

Totally forgot to say thanks to Manolis for porting this. The latest PND with the gngeo front end is really great!

I've noticed a few bugs with some games however and thought I would list them and ask if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

NeoTurfmasters - When hitting the ball - it hits it so far it goes the full length of the course and doesn't stop! it makes every shot 'Out Of Bounds' thus making the game unplayable.

Super Sidekicks 3 - Instead of playing football on the pitch they have decided to go up into the seating area....Very bizarre

Thats all the bugs I've noticed so far. There are quite a few roms I can't get to load though:>

King of fighters 99, 2000/1/2/3 wont work, I have tried a few diff versions.

SNK vs Capcom - plus all the pluses

Metal Slug 5

Some of the bigger games that DO work>

metal slug 1 through 4

all samurai showdowns

last blade 1/2

Garou

AOF3

It would be interesting to hear what other people have had success with and maybe compare roms :D :D

Eisner said:
jumpman said:

Thanks again!

Chris

I was actually facing the exact same issue and could not seem to find a solution anywhere. So I decided to experiment and what you are reporting appears to have been a result of some mistake which may have performed during the initial setup dialog to locate the BIOS file (most likely aborting the initial step of the setup).

To resolve this I renamed the existing folder /pandora/appdata/gngeo/ to something like gngeo_old, launched xgngeo (so that it would cause the original setup message to re-appear and create a fresh /pandora/appdata/gngeo/ folder) ... Then without closing that dialog I opened up the file manager, navigated to the gngeo_old folder, then copied the bios and rom files into the newly recreated folder. I was then able to complete the initial xgngeo setup by specifying the new gngeo folder which now contains the necessary files. And now this appear to be running wonderfully.

I hope this helps anyone facing the same issue...

Back