World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd not want a RTG providing my central heating if it's all the same to you.
Heat can be brought to you by long insulated pipes, you dont have to live on ebove the reactor.
I'm honestly not sure what the effects would be on our mental health
We'd have to live through some growing pains.
we'd presumably still need sources for the higher number B vitamins
Never said we'd stopp using surface area to grow food. There'd still be enough area left to effectifly reforest.

True, but I'd not want a RTG providing my central heating if it's all the same to you.
Indeed please. No nasty radioactive waste longer living than the ones that created it.

We could reserve the surface for a mix of trees, presumably still solar panels and electric windmills,
Agriculture and solar (and wind energy, as far as I know) should be compatible. At least there are agrovoltaic projects out there.
Maybe it's not more widespread because we still have so many roofs to put solar panels on.
A little shade does not harm the plants, it can even sometimes improve yield (where they're getting too much sun). It depends on the plant and the place.
The panels could move or just be placed wisely static and let the shade move with the sun. So every plants gets its place in the sun, just not so many hours.

I'm honestly not sure what the effects would be on our mental health
What do you mean mental health? I didn't know we had such a thing. If we had it we wouldn't have come so far as to need all these mitigations would've we ?
We're terribly adaptable psychologically. I don't think that'd be the problem it seems to be, long term.

but thankfully for me at least I don't think I'll still be alive if this ever comes to be our real future.
Sure. I probably won't either. I'm not a figther. History has a habit of "solving" overpopulation with war.
I want to hope we have grown wiser than that. We hadn't birth control throughout most of history, so there's hope.

But as speculation of what our body needs, we'd presumably still need sources for the higher number B vitamins (spirulina is apparently for B1-B3 but not much else in the B vitamins), and other minerals like selenium.

Yes, we're very well adapted to a healthy life in a healthy Earth biosphere, not elsewhere.
If we managed to destroy our all-so-easy-to-live-in natural environment I have little hope we come clear with an artificial one.
It should be easier to keep an ecosystem in equilibrium than to build a brand new one, so if we already failed in the easy task...

I mean I live in a city. We use to picture life in a farm as a harder life. That's only because there are farms elsewhere feeding us.
But what would really be hard is life without farms. Bioreactors are fun in theory, might be useful as a complement,
but I don't believe we could ever achieve anything viable if we didn't manage to preserve the environment we had.
It's not that it couldn't theoretically be made to work with some efficiency, it's that we're just not competent enough.

Hmmm, FiveThirtyEight says Texas is as close as North Carolina is in the presidential race, yet the candidates prefer to keep coming here instead of going to Texas.

Makes me think the campaigns' internal polling is different than the polling at large. Blue Texas is a dream too far.

Bah, put away your shocked face, Phlyra. Biden never needed Texas to win the election anyway.

Edit: I'm just wondering why he thinks he needs North Carolina. According to FiveThirtyEight, he doesn't. Maybe he's just trying to help Cunningham take back the Senate.

Last edited:
Just a reminder: If Biden only won states where he leads by at least 5 percentage points, he would still win the election. The so-called battleground states are just cake.

The Senate is the biggest thing to keep an eye on this year, IMO.

The US is dumb in that everybody in the House of Representatives gets elected every two years.

I wouldn't worry about the House though. Much like Biden, Democrats only need races where they lead by at least five percentage points to keep control of the House.

This does remind me though, I don't have complete faith in polls.

In 2016, Quinnipiac called me and asked to speak to the head of household. When I told them I was the head of household, they said I need to be at least 18 to participate. Then they hung up on me. I was 29 at the time.

Makes me think autistic people are under-sampled due to most of us having kid voice. I haven't responded to any polls yet in 2020, but that's because I don't even pick up strange calls anymore.

Bah, put away your shocked face, Phlyra. Biden never needed Texas to win the election anyway.

Edit: I'm just wondering why he thinks he needs North Carolina. According to FiveThirtyEight, he doesn't. Maybe he's just trying to help Cunningham take back the Senate.
My surprise was more to do with the difference you pointed out than to do with Biden needing a traditionally Republican state lol

Reminds me of the Day my dad wants me to buy the Playboy Advent Calender on Gas Station, so i drove whit my Car to the Gas Station but thy asked me for my ID Card because PB where 18 +
This was the time, where the driving licence whit 17 wasnt even there and i think i was 24 or so..

America is still being hit by hurricanes this late in the season.

We all know why that is. ;)

Hey guys, think I'm going to vote early tomorrow while I'm still in a good mood. I'm prone to mood swings and swing votes. I'm guessing Wednesday is my best mood day though, since that's when I eat out with my dad. Hopefully he doesn't mind giving me a ride to the early voting site first.

Hey guys, think I'm going to vote early tomorrow while I'm still in a good mood.

I'm sure you'll vote for the correct party.

index.jpg

The Big Issue whit the Climate is that small changes on the Temperature can change the whole System,
Like a Wing of a Butterfly that could made a Huricane or something..

Because its gets warmer, its means more extreme weather can happen, not only hotter, but also colder..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back