World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ (Auto-Translation from German)
The employees work together in the most cramped areas in cooled-down areas. Even in the break rooms and in the accommodations, people have no space to keep the necessary distance. With loan agreements and dumping wages, profits were further increased and all concerns were ignored. With devastating consequences! Not only the employees suffer, but also the animals. The Ethics Council considers the current situation to be unbearable.

Not "worldnews", but news from Netherlands, that is close to home, so important to me. Europe is in drought, and it's gonna be a hot and dry summer (it DID rain the last 2 days, so that's something). In order to keep producing produce (food) on the farmland, we are using 1500 liters/second of water from our biggest (artificial) lake, the IJsselmeer to water the plants. They don't go that much into details, but the Dutch irrigation system (that doubles as a waterbuffer, where water is held, when it rains too much) is quite an engineering system. (combined with the dikes to keep the salt water out). From this water (for example, the dirty water coming from Germany) we make drinking water, quite good water. Some cities have filtered water (The Hague has dune filtered water (excellent taste), Utrecht sells it's aquifers as "Barleduc" (meh, it's ok), Hilversum and surroundings also has really great tasting water, I would get hit by a Belgian if I said it's on par with SPA, but it does not differ much).
Netherlands also do not throw away their sewer water into the sea, we have treatmentplants that actually convert the poo into soil... and when in a pinch (low water) it can be made drinkeable. but don't tell anyone ;) ). Yes I'm proud of the water management systems here.

Post automatically merged:

^ (Auto-Translation from German)
So lower the wages, and from that money put something into place. Make them work in 2 shifts, day and night shift, for example. /sarcasm

So imagine you are a nice neighbourhood, and the government tells you you will get windmills in your area, because you need to start using green energy. So the government gives 660 million euro's (collected tax money) so that 370000 houses get green energy, and then, every night you hear the whoosh that keeps you awake, but at least you got green electricity? Nope, All the energy goes to a corporation.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
I guess a country never lets go of it's roots (or: It's really hard to overturn the fascist line):

p.s.: Do not reply to this post, or I'll issue you a gag order.

• Angry
:-|| H.L.M. (HongKong Lives Matters) <-- this comment can get me 10 years of jail (rule 27. ALL anti-China promotion is now terrorism)

edit, adding the source:

Last edited:
Russia has a dictatorship now. (elections to have Putin for ever, by the time he get's old, they'll clone him and re-elect his clone)

• Angry
106344516_304445150929403_4904782950709395699_n.png

Expansion drift of China (land grab)

combined with the carrot technique they have been applying, and it's transforming the world.

EDIT: A word of Balance:

This is a good lesson in how the first world operates.
After a period of exploiting the economic potential of China, now the ruling elites of the West need anti-Chinese sentiments to grow, because the Chinese leadership shows ambitions to gain power and control of global affairs.
The first world will not allow that, because they see themselves as the ruling elite of the world. And their wealth depends on the ability to rule and control world affairs
So, the ordinary citizens of the West are now being recruited to share these anti-Chinese sentiments by means of the usual old modus operandI: racism.

Last edited:
This shows the level of self-sabotage the English dictatorship is inflicting on the UK: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-britain-tracing/
Now that may not seem like “World” news but just think about how many people from the UK are about to go on holiday...if they aren’t already. Also, the right wing extremist, Farage, was illegally allowed into the US despite the US’ travel ban and when he returned to the UK it seems he then didn’t isolate for the 14 day period he should have but let himself out in public rather sooner.

Last edited:
Netherlands: In order to lower CO2 emissions by cow-burps, farmers are forced to give their cows a reduced protein diet. This results in a lot of deadborn calves.

other sources:

Edit: A word on balance (showing also the other side of the conflict): Netherlands exports 80% of the meat. Most of protein come from soy, which is cultivated on Amazonian rainforest, for example. Once Netherlands is forced to stop producing, maybe we can import lower quality Ukraine clorox-chicken (clorox kills salmonella, so add some clorox and it's save to eat).

Last edited:
Good lecture about slavery past-and-present:

Not perfect though, she dances around some facts.

edit: add a link

Last edited:
We need more trees.
We do, but we need to be careful when we start encouraging the planting of trees. One scheme has seen people disrupting rare ecosystems by planting unsuitable trees there, and even cutting down native forest to plant a monoculture of new planting.

Also, trees don't take up any methane last time I looked, which I thought was the problem coming from cows. But yeah, offsetting methane by taking up carbon dioxide won't hurt at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back