Worms

T

Tempus

Hi to all you programming folk. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff but I was just wondering what the response would be if I suggested someone port Worms (United) and or Worms2. Worms2 used to run on my old Cyrix P120+ CPU, with 16mb of RAM. I'm sure with a few tweaks and fiddles, someone could come up with an awesome port of this classic game!

Looking forward to reading your replies!

My apologies for putting this in the wrong place, still getting to grips with this place!

Listen.
This is the _DEVELOPER'S CORNER_. People are sharing their developer stuff there. Your post
belongs to "Cool Ideas and other wishes" board. And please, STOP those comparisons between PCs
and the GP32. Be sure to read the stickies about "Ports need source code"!

Hey, Atleast Somebody who cant read sticky topics isnt as bad as the person who asked me whether my gp32 could play vice city! :lol:

anyways, there are all these worms/liero clonesHERE

I would imagine that atleast on has open source ;)

havent read it all but maybe you could look here too!WormsRT
it is open source as far as i can see!

And remember the golden rule - Mhz means nothing. A 66Mhz Pentium can easily take on a 166mhz Gp32 and win hands down. It's just windows that makes it seem slower ;)

no source no port.

U should give us recommend of GNU games, cos they have source.

How about liero.

Squidge posted on Feb 29 2004 at 11:52 AM said:
And remember the golden rule - Mhz means nothing. A 66Mhz Pentium can easily take on a 166mhz Gp32 and win hands down. It's just windows that makes it seem slower ;)
really? is that because of the FPU? damn i thought RISC chips were supposed to be good :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been suggested before and it most likely never happen. Just play worms on the snes emulator or gb emu, or even one day, perhaps the forthcoming gba emu.... B).

papapopalung posted on Feb 29 2004 at 02:12 PM said:
really? is that because of the FPU? damn i thought RISC chips were supposed to be good :angry:
PCs also have a dedicated graphics processor.

I know about the gp game Rally Pop, which I guess is very much like worms. Perhaps a gfx hack could be possible, turning the game into a closer worms clone?
Desktop-Flagsunset.jpg

papapopalung posted on Feb 29 2004 at 01:12 PM said:
Squidge posted on Feb 29 2004 at 11:52 AM said:

The ARM9 also can't do hardware division, which makes it fun to do things like, uh, I don't know, DIVISION? Also, the PC usually has separate hardware for graphics and sound, which takes the heat off the processors.

Deleted User posted on Oct 23 2004 at 06:43 PM said:
Apparently its a terrible, trerrible game

Rally Pop review by Hando
How does that review lead to conclude that it's a terrible game? :blink:
I read it and it seems to say it's a pretty good game but that this kind of game really is best when you play against others. Does anyone know if you can play with more people on one GP32? Dunno about this game but worms is turnbased so it shouldn't be a problem... just pass the gp32_console around.

The best version of Worms for me was the original version on the Playstation, perhaps this new Playstation emulator could be catered towards specifically running Worms as it doesn't use 3D etc, as some people have suggested. Then you could have different editions of it to run different games.

Has anyone actually managed to run a Genesis Worms ROM on the GP32? I have a couple and can't get them to run on any of the GP's Genesis emulators. Was the Genesis version like the PSX?

®

Back