Worst Game Ending Ever

shinneri posted on Feb 4 2007 at 10:16 PM said:
Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) was an amazing piece of work, but that ending justs didn't work...
The ending to this game didn't bother me all that much. I was more bothered by the way the story made huge jumps in the last 1/4 of the game. Things started happening that weren't adequately explained and it got a little confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really loved advent rising - great ending too, but again - as there are to be non of the planned sequels it's a bit of a drag..

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Feb 5 2007 at 01:19 PM said:
Atic Atac on the spectrum.

You rush about like a blue-arsed fly for the best part of a lunchbreak, carefully balancing available energy against sustained damage from the relentless hoards of evil. Drained, but brimming with a sense of acheivement you burst out of the final door to a screen that says "CONGRATULATIONT".

No, that is not a typo on my part, it has one word - "CONGRATULATIONT". As if that single word was not injurious enough after your gallant exertion they add insult by not even taking the trouble to make sure it is a real word.

hmmm, I would have been happy with that so you should count yourself lucky. Only one time did I complete that game but nothing happened! My friend and I managed to get back to the beginning room with the ACG key and we could not escape the castle!

Mosch posted on Feb 5 2007 at 08:33 AM said:
shinneri posted on Feb 5 2007 at 06:16 AM said:
Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) was an amazing piece of work, but that ending justs didn't work...

Total agreement. Once your character starts to go all super saiyajin or however this is spelled the game is basically doomed.

Planescape: Torment is a great game with a very disappointing ending. I won't spoil anything, but it infuriated me to no end.

Gladius. Oh boy, More than 50 hours just to be told "You've won! Also, you're dead and your homeland has been invaded."!
I played torment to the end, and I will spoil it!

I did it when I was like 7 though, so im not sure I comprehended it correctlly. I'm pretty sure the nameless one regained his mortality and was given the right to die. So at the end he just runs back to the war, to die again. It makes no sense :S

WhizzBang posted on Feb 6 2007 at 12:16 AM said:
hmmm, I would have been happy with that so you should count yourself lucky. Only one time did I complete that game but nothing happened! My friend and I managed to get back to the beginning room with the ACG key and we could not escape the castle!
You have to arrange the pieces of the key so it displays as a properly formed key before it will open the exit. I love that game despite the weak reward for completing it.

I played and fin'ed a lot of games over the last 25 years. The worst was....

Pool of Radiance.

Wikipedia says...

The party then enters Valjevo Castle and its inner sanctum, descends a stairwell to encounter some guards of the impostor Tyranthaxus (who assumes the form of a bronze dragon). After defeating his guards, the party refuses his offer to join his side and engages the dragon boss in a deadly battle, emerging victorious.

BUT THATS NOT TRUE!

If you have an evil char, they will join Tyranthaxus! So in my case, with a part of 4 evil chars I couldn't beat the game.

I did however cheat, :( and the ending was average. One of those RPGs that let you continue playing after a quick converstation.

2nd worst would be...

Gangster Alley

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=204

At the end, you get the same guy who laughs at you when you die. To get here you have to do a repeated shoot people thing for about an hour. Which stops getting more difficult after 5 minutes.

I think its a way of the developer telling you to go away. Nothing left to see.

shinneri posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:16 PM said:
Tales of Symphonia didn't make any sense at all.

What didn't make sense about it?

sam fisher posted on Feb 6 2007 at 12:57 PM said:
Mosch posted on Feb 5 2007 at 08:33 AM said:
shinneri posted on Feb 5 2007 at 06:16 AM said:

Total agreement. Once your character starts to go all super saiyajin or however this is spelled the game is basically doomed.

Planescape: Torment is a great game with a very disappointing ending. I won't spoil anything, but it infuriated me to no end.

Gladius. Oh boy, More than 50 hours just to be told "You've won! Also, you're dead and your homeland has been invaded."!
I played torment to the end, and I will spoil it!

I did it when I was like 7 though, so im not sure I comprehended it correctlly. I'm pretty sure the nameless one regained his mortality and was given the right to die. So at the end he just runs back to the war, to die again. It makes no sense :S

More or less. There are of course different ways to end the game, but basically the Nameless One learns his name and accepts that he is responsible for his other incarnations. He is then transported to Baator to fight in the endless war with no chance of salvation. His companions, if you managed to revive them before the final battle, are pretty much stuck in the last area. The end.

The worst game ending... uhm.. that would be... don't know to be honest :lol:

I know the best in my opinion is the one of Metal Gear Solid (PSX) I almost cried when Meryll was dead. Such a good story... :rolleyes:

NoidZ posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:30 PM said:
The worst game ending... uhm.. that would be... don't know to be honest :lol:

I know the best in my opinion is the one of Metal Gear Solid (PSX) I almost cried when Meryll was dead. Such a good story... :rolleyes:
or is she ????? :ph34r:

Lol, someone obviously didn't survive the torture bit.

sam fisher posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:40 PM said:
Lol, survive the torture and shes alive :p Someone else dies then I think, cant remember who :S Or is it that you just exxcape with her instead of Otacon?

Do you have to spoil every game?

i have just completed saints row on xbox 360 and that ending was terible i will not go into detail so i wont ruin it for others if they are in the middle of playing it but for a great storyline you would of thought they could have come up with a better ending.

Nah, I finished the game twice if you have to know B) But I knew you accuired Stealth if you lost during the torture. The second time I used auto-fire on my 3rd party pad :p

I can get quite agressive if a game doesn't let me win. :ph34r: I learned to conrol that by not playing games that much anymore. Also when I completed the game I was like 13 years old orso, I was capable of killing someone if the game was too hard those days. :D

Worst game ending ever? Life ©

The beginning is pretty rough, you have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do stuff. Still fun though. And then when you start to get the hang of things, the levels are pretty limiting. But you eventually get to the middle stages and get power-ups. I like the "Hot Coffee" mod, too. After that, though... it isn't as much fun as it used to be. You lose your power-ups, everything kinda slows down, it's just not as exciting. Then at the end of it, you get put it a box and get eaten by worms. That sucks.

:rolleyes: :D :p

saehn posted on Feb 9 2007 at 07:37 PM said:
Worst game ending ever? Life ©

The beginning is pretty rough, you have to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do stuff. Still fun though. And then when you start to get the hang of things, the levels are pretty limiting. But you eventually get to the middle stages and get power-ups. I like the "Hot Coffee" mod, too. After that, though... it isn't as much fun as it used to be. You lose your power-ups, everything kinda slows down, it's just not as exciting. Then at the end of it, you get put it a box and get eaten by worms. That sucks.

:rolleyes: :D :p

that game was fun until i used an action replay and got stuck on the moon :( i got stuck and had to restart :p

ahem...but seriously FF10 had the worst ending as i defeated the last boss with ease thinking I was only half way through the game (same thing in FF10-2 as well now that I think about it.) <_<

clarky2o2o posted on Feb 9 2007 at 08:28 PM said:
ahem...but seriously FF10 had the worst ending as i defeated the last boss with ease thinking I was only half way through the game (same thing in FF10-2 as well now that I think about it.) <_<

This man speaks not for me!

Back