Would Anyone Know Where To Get A Cheap Xbox360(core)

im after a xbox360(core) for christmas, would anyone know where i possibly get one cheaper that £199?
i guess thats not a bad price, but you chaps are pretty good at sniffing out bargins.

i've been looking today and the i cant get cheaper that £199 thanks in advance you fantastic chaps.

Honestly you are better off spending a few quid more and buying the full 360 version.

With an HDD you get better performance in many games such as Oblivion because it will cache the data. Without you get alot of annoying pauses and stutters as it reads constantly from the relatively slow DVD drive.

By the time you buy those tiny capacity memory cards to save your game you almost are paying as much as the premium but with WAY less storage for save games. Then when they fill up you have to fuck around with deciding what game saves to delete or buy another card bringing you up to the premium version price after all. The core is a rip-off in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
well it boils down to i really cant afford it atm, so i thought balls to it i dont mind wire controllers and well ill get a hardisk at a later time... hopefully with chrimbo money

get one of those knicked ones, 100 quid each...

btw, what do people reckon the warranty is for these? Microsoft presumably wont be fulfilling it. And how about connecting to live?

well it boils down to i really cant afford it atm, so i thought balls to it i dont mind wire controllers and well ill get a hardisk at a later time... hopefully with chrimbo money

But with the core you won't get that snazzy chrome DVD tray that says that you are L337 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
on play.com you can get a core for £190 or a premium + gears of war or call of duty 3 for £270.
and they are delivered for free! :)

Back