Wtb Orig. Xbox Dvd Drive

___

Advanced Member
Hello guys... Does anyone have a broken xbox 1 with a still working dvd drive lying around? Or a dvd drive as a replacement part?

I have tried to tweak the potentionmeters on the old drive and improved it quite a bit but I can see now that the drive itself is damaged and unreliable. It needs to be replaced.

I am in Germany so preferably potential sellers from Europe.

Cheers!

xnopasaranx said:
Hello guys... Does anyone have a broken xbox 1 with a still working dvd drive lying around? Or a dvd drive as a replacement part?

I have tried to tweak the potentionmeters on the old drive and improved it quite a bit but I can see now that the drive itself is damaged and unreliable. It needs to be replaced.

I am in Germany so preferably potential sellers from Europe.

Cheers!

How much would you be prepared to pay for one? I have a few old xbox's lying around, but I'm not sure on how well the drives work. Maybe I could test them though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who needs a dvd drive when you have a harddrive? ;)
Well, you're gonna have a hard time finding one without buying a whole new Xbox as those drives were usually the first things to fail in an Xbox so i think they should be in high demand. I rememer there were shops selling unused spares for 50€€ or so. I never had an Xbox myself, but isn't it a standard IDE DVD drive? There should be a way to replace it vith a normal PC drive.

EDIT: Seems like it is possible, just not trivial: http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=127208
Hunting down those status signals sounds like fun, and you can't play original games with it.

Looks like you'll need to buy a new Xbox then. If you do, you can sell me your old one, i dont need a drive as i am mostly looking for a mediacenter. Currently my Wii is performing this task rather poorly, as its scene can't seem to get good mediaplayer software running.

@fishbong: It's not my xbox. My xbox is fine. It's the one I bought for my girlfriend and she wants to play originals. The thing is, I soft modded it and made everything ready so I don't want to buy a new one.

@Eddie: If you could sell me one for less then the price I paid for the xbox I'd be happy. I paid 40€ for the xbox with two controllers and media remote. So I'd say about 20€ would be the price I am aiming for. The drives are about 38 bucks a piece new on ebay. Where are you located? pm'd

Back