Www.gbax.com - A Warning

pirloui posted on Apr 24 2005 at 04:56 AM said:
bourbon posted on Apr 24 2005 at 03:54 AM said:
LOL I FAIL AT ASCII ART

stop whining you dont want to send it back to get it fixed so its your fault that your stuck with it.

I have choice between trouble and trouble for fucks sake. Va te faire enculler, connard de ta race-
I should note that I disagree with this bourbon idiot, of course it's GBAX's fault not yours, and your predicament is rather unfortunate. However insulting someone in French is kind of below the belt (unless he's French, or I am just terrible with my translation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Apr 24 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
I should note that I disagree with this bourbon idiot, of course it's GBAX's fault not yours, and your predicament is rather unfortunate. However insulting someone in French is kind of below the belt (unless he's French, or I am just terrible with my translation)
It's not my use, far from , but his ASCII art was a big middle finger for me. Which is not better than my french. He started :p ;)

pirloui posted on Apr 24 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
Rico posted on Apr 24 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
It's not my use, far from , but his ASCII art was a big middle finger for me. Which is not better than my french. He started :p ;)

Now then, Now then Calm down!!!!

Here, have mine!

Pirloui...

I've had 4 (I think) Gp32s from GBax.

The first I got was FLU - didn't like the light leaking around the side, decided to try a NL...
NL was terrible - couldn't see the screen, so I returned it, got a new (multi-fw) FLU...

Then the screen failed on that, and I called Gbax, got it replaced with a guaranteed 166 MHz BLU ('cos I said the FLU clocked to 166MHz - it did - but they needn't have taken my word for it).

Each time I returned my unit I had a replacement by return of post i.e. sent on Monday had a replacement on Wednesday - not too long to go without.

So, Pirloui, give them a bell, they'll replace your unit. Find out before returning if they've got the 166Mhz ones in stock, if they have I'm sure you'll get one back VERY soon.

Argon0

So nice to hear such a nice response :)
I'll most probably end up doing that..
I'm in HongKong though, which is why I have an issue with time and cost.
anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with them :)

I have had two GP32s off GBAX and I was pleased with the service and turn-around on both. However I ordered a Zodiac which said next day delivery, was told it would be a week or two, waited, phoned, waited some more, etc. Basically I cancelled the order after two months of been told a fortnight wait several times. I don't think that they have ever had Zodiacs in stock since, so not their fault really. On the whole very pleased with them though.

Rico posted on Apr 24 2005 at 12:51 PM said:
pirloui posted on Apr 24 2005 at 04:56 AM said:
bourbon posted on Apr 24 2005 at 03:54 AM said:
LOL I FAIL AT ASCII ART

stop whining you dont want to send it back to get it fixed so its your fault that your stuck with it.

I have choice between trouble and trouble for fucks sake. Va te faire enculler, connard de ta race-
Iwas in a hurry when i did that but yeah probly shouldnt have posted it. I was trying to get the point acrost that no its their fault for it not ocing to 166 but its his fault that he is stuck with it because he doesnt want to send it back. I'd just hold on to it till they have any more 166 units in stock, then send it back.

Bourbon

That's a very enlightening story, carlgeorge

Well it goes to show I'm not just a random moaning Brit, complaining about the service and there are other people in the same boat as me. Its a shame lizard_king hasn't seen this post as I know he ordered the same time as me.

Well it looks like my ordeal will soon be over if the website update (hallelujah!!) is correct and they will have stock on the 26th.

This means it should be with me on Wednesday, as it is 24h delivery...

pirloui posted on Apr 24 2005 at 03:26 PM said:
So nice to hear such a nice response :)
I'll most probably end up doing that..
I'm in HongKong though, which is why I have an issue with time and cost.
anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with them :)

Hmmm.. well when I compare with the only other place I've bought a handheld off the Net (PSP from Success-hk) I can only wonder at how decent the GBAX people were! It is so nice to speak to someone (in the same time zone) rather than attempt to communicate with the people at success-hk via their ticket system with only 1 reply a day!!

I was going to say you could contact GamePark in Korea as you're closer to them than to the UK... But then I remembered its GamePark...

Well, I did finally receive my GP32 on Friday, but the left shoulder button was broken.

Hooray.

I thought these things were modified then tested before they were sent out? Maybe I remember that wrong.

Needless to say, I'm really dissapointed and sick and tired with GBAx.com for farting about so much :(

I brought mine from LikSang and while I had no need to email them, I was pleased with their service :)

The thing that put me off ordering from gbax was the fact that the website does not show prices that include VAT as well as exc. vat prices ( hint to gbax to fix ;) )

The left shoulder button on my gp32 is a bit unspringy too, I think it is a common fault on gp32s to have?

Bronze, if you would rather look at it yourself than send it back to gbax have a look at this post:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...93&#entry143493
( I've been too lazy to fix mine :rolleyes: )

I hope gbax sorts its self out. It looks to me that they do a lot for the homebrew community and I fancy a few items off them. Perhaps they are just snowed under with orders now they are selling loads of other stuff like psps' and ds' and need to take on some extra staff?

GP40 posted on May 5 2005 at 03:00 PM said:
The thing that put me off ordering from gbax was the fact that the website does not show prices that include VAT as well as exc. vat prices ( hint to gbax to fix ;) )
Is that even legal?

I've posted about this before in another thread but here are the facts:

Its extreamly hard to get the GP32's full stop - it was just the same with tapwave and the zodiacs (the Z was so difficult we just abandoned it).

The new Blu+ is very hard to clock to 166mhz, gamepark have altered the design, some just won't reach 166mhz even with the volt mod.

Maltloaf / console-fix.co.uk have vanished with a shipment of GP32's - this caused the major delay with orders, we are still trying to work out whats going on with them...

All orders have now been cleared but we don't have any 166mhz models anymore, however i'm working on a solution and waiting to hear from GP.

And you know, we have a *phone number* and you can get an answer in a few seconds if you just call... :)

Oh and thank you to everyone who posted nice comments, I am always around on here to try to help people with situations.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on May 5 2005 at 08:31 PM said:
I've posted about this before in another thread but here are the facts:

Its extreamly hard to get the GP32's full stop - it was just the same with tapwave and the zodiacs (the Z was so difficult we just abandoned it).

The new Blu+ is very hard to clock to 166mhz, gamepark have altered the design, some just won't reach 166mhz even with the volt mod.

Maltloaf / console-fix.co.uk have vanished with a shipment of GP32's - this caused the major delay with orders, we are still trying to work out whats going on with them...

All orders have now been cleared but we don't have any 166mhz models anymore, however i'm working on a solution and waiting to hear from GP.

And you know, we have a *phone number* and you can get an answer in a few seconds if you just call... :)

Oh and thank you to everyone who posted nice comments, I am always around on here to try to help people with situations.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Howcome GP32s are hard to get? Have they stopped producing them or slowed down production of them? Or are they just selling more than expected?

DaveC posted on May 5 2005 at 11:32 PM said:
Howcome GP32s are hard to get? Have they stopped producing them or slowed down production of them? Or are they just selling more than expected?

http://www.gp32eu.com/
At the address I've got:
This is the placeholder for domain gp32eu.com. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file.

This page has been automatically generated by Plesk.
for two days now. I hope gamepark haven't gone pointy bits up :huh: :(

Back