Release wxPython

That makes sense. I'll try to use it as a run time if I can. I'm having trouble tracking down the necessary libs that I need to pack since ldd doesn't work for dynamic links. Luckily I think I can just grab the library folders that are listed as dependencies in the gPodder readme that I had to install (feedparser, mygpoclient, the dbus stuff) and the rest should be taken care of by the wxPython mount script.

Thank you.:)

That makes sense. I'll try to use it as a run time if I can. I'm having trouble tracking down the necessary libs that I need to pack since ldd doesn't work for dynamic links. Luckily I think I can just grab the library folders that are listed as dependencies in the gPodder readme that I had to install (feedparser, mygpoclient, the dbus stuff) and the rest should be taken care of by the wxPython mount script.

Thank you.:)
One thing you can do is launch gPodder, then use "lsof" (with grep if needed) to see what libs are loaded. It's manual but quite effective.

Update on the repo.
I downgrade (again) QtWebKit to make Anki works again, and I updated libs. I have updated libcrypto and libssl, so I hope SSL issues are solved now.

Build 12
----------

• Downgrade QtWebKit to make Anki works again
  • Updated some libs (ssl related)

Hmm still a few issues in this version. SSL still seems to be not working correctly. 'import ssl' returns no error, but:

-'pip install [insert module]' returns:
ImportError: No module named 'pip._vendor.requests'

-downloading https links in gPodder returns:
Failed: I/O Error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]

@edgex004 : odd, I'm pretty sure "pip install" works on my side (but I use it also with codeblocks mounted, so that may change a few things).
That SSL : Certificate thingy is strange. I think notaz had done some hack before for codeblocks, maybe it worked only for codeblocks? I don't remeber what was done, there is a thread somewhere to be found with more details about this.

I believe it was something along the lines of updating ca-certificates. However I thought there was an OS update that corrected this. Also, the older versions of wxpython work fine with https currently. I will try looking up the specific fix to see if that works.

Just checked and ca-certificates is installed and up to date. Not sure why I am having so much trouble.

-It seems like wxpython pnd was not being added to PATH in codeblocks, so I've taken modifying the path manually to make codeblocks access wxpython instead of stock python. (However, I just launched codeblocks again and my path seems to be set up correctly now with regards to wxpython, so I'm not sure why it wasn't working before.)

-Using 'pip' from inside codeblocks returns 'ImportError: cannot import name HTTPSHandler'

-'import ssl' from within codeblocks gives 'ImportError: /mnt/utmp/wxpython/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.so: undefined symbol SSL_CTX_set_alpn_protos'

-'pip' from within the wxpython PND seems to be working without sudo, but it gets lots of https warnings. I then get permission errors if I try to install modules to site-packages.

-when 'sudo pip' is used to get around permissions errors, I get an error that libffi.so.6 can't be located. For some reason it seems the path/lib path is somehow changing when sudo is invoked.

-'import ssl' and 'import _ssl' from within the wxpython PND do work without error

-with both codeblocks and wxpython mounted, gPodder for https links still gives 'Failed I/O Error: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] (_ssl.c:590): None'

I'm starting to suspect that SSL is giving error when wxpython is mounted by another PND.

EDIT: Also launching gPodder from within the wxpython PND to see if that would change things, but I get the same error. Using the old wxPython seems to be the only way to make it work.

After looking at this I was thinking that gPodder was not updated to handle the more rigorous verification introduced in python 2.7.9, but I can't find any bug reports on it, so I'm thinking it must be something on our side.

Last edited:
Back