Xbox 360 Controller

jhudson38

Still Fresh
I think it would be really cool especially when a playstation emulator becomes released that you could use an xbox 360 controller for controls. This would help so much if needing the L1. L2, R1, R2 buttons and with an added joystick and d-pad. Is it possible to make it work with emulators and ports?

My Caanoo didn't recognize my wired 360 controller when I plugged it in. The light didn't come on and picodrive didn't detect it.

I believe the Caanoo lacks the needed software\drivers to make it work, and I doubt we'll get any since it's a Windows controller.

Yeah, it did the same thing when I tried it too. I will do some more research to see how difficult it will be to be able to get it to work.

I recently tried my PS2-to-USB adapter but it didn't work. There's a green light on it as well, and it didn't light up as well. But I have to say that it was a "two PS2-controllers to one USB slot"-device. Don't know how it works with a 1-to-1 device.

As far as youtube-videos go, there are at least people who got some USB-controller working with the USB-slot of the Caanoo to play multiplayer. But I don't know which one they used and I would have been pleased if it was a XBOX 360 controller, too. But I don't think so :(

Cheers,
JH

I've got the same problem. I tried all my PS2 controllers with the converter, but none of them worked. I also tried the Sega Saturn clone controller for PC (standard PC USB joypad), neither did it work.

Seems like it works for some people:

click (youtube)

Does somebody recognize the used controllers?

edit

PS: A few days ago I've read something about having to plugin a USB-hub first to connect to USB-controllers. Anybody already tried that? Can't find mine atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back