Use The Pandora As A Xbox 360 Controller And Vice Versa.

Eniko said:
Would those gamepads with wireless USB dongle receiver thingies work though? I'm not quite sure how this stuff works, wouldn't there need to be specific drivers for these for linux?
One of the ones I linked was one. :) If they behave as normal USB HID pads, then to my knowledge they should just work (the ones with built-in rumble tend to need drivers for that specific feature, though, if memory serves, but this shouldn't affect whether the controller itself works or not).

(As an aside, I tend to go with the wireless-console-pad-plus-USB adapter route because I have a hard time finding wireless USB controllers that I like. No drivers needed there, either. :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
This should work, the newer kernels have an input module called xpad.ko or something. I had checked the git a week or two ago and saw that module in there. As long as that module is built into the kernel that gets shipped, the xbox 360 controllers (wired or wireless), should work out of the box. If you have a wireless 360 controller, all you need is a single wireless receiver:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming...c/dp/B000HZFCT2

The receiver will connect up to four controllers, which should all show up as standard gamepads. They will probably show up as /dev/input/js0, or something, depending on how things are set up. I have done this on an IA64 linux install, and it worked just fine, really nice actually.

In short, as long as the driver is built into the kernel that ships, we'll be all set.

Would be a good thing if the xbox360 wirless controller would run on the pandora.

I have the normal controller with usb and the wireless version for my notebook. Fallout 3, Bioshock,Mirrors Edge and my Amiga-Emu so perfectly harmony with this controller =)

ninjaturtle said:
I remember my old 8-bit NES, those were built like a brick. :)
I remember my old gameboy, it WAS a brick:
IMG_3235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back