What do you think

• Wireless Controller FTW!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would be nice to have

• Nah... Don''t need one

• Total voters

I would use the Logitech, but I always thought of the buttons and analog as a bit hard to use... I tried it over at my friends house a few times and it just doesnt work...

Anyways, when I get me Pandora, I cant wait to test out the PS3 Controller :D

Although, I wonder if anyone if the Open Pandora Team is considering a controller of their own in the near future...

Besides the PS3, 360, GCube and Logitech controllers, I haven't used any others... What other controllers are out here

Last edited by a moderator:
'CC_machine' said:
seriously, add a USB controller option. a lot of us aren't proprietary hardware junkies, this is a FOSS Linux device :)

wireless USB gamepads FTW! all the ones i've ever seen just work out the box with linux, mac too ;)

'cools' said:
'EdCa22' said:
I'd quite like to see the reverse; a driver that lets you use either the USB OTG in slave mode or bluetooth to make the pandora act as a USB/Bluetooth HID with keyboard, joypad and the touchscreen as a large track pad for your PC. This is perfectly feasible, but AFAIK there are no drivers with this functionality yet.
Love this idea. Needs to happen.

+1. great idea.

Thanks guys! Hmm. Maybe I'll look into writing a driver.

'Raz' said:
Besides the PS3, 360, GCube and Logitech controllers, I haven't used any others... What other controllers are out here
Quite a lot. :p (Personal viewpoints on good controllers that are quite easy to get hold of follow, as a complete list of "other controllers" is quite likely to span many decades' worth of consoles and computers. :lol: )

I'm rather fond of the controllers for the SNES myself (it's my favourite controller of all time, and USB adapters for them are quite easy to get), and the standard Saturn controllers are a very close second (moreover, you can get USB versions of these quite easily, as they were officially made, and it seems that a new stock of them was either found or made recently - they're all over eBay, and I've been told that these have been confirmed to be genuine, which is nice). Wii Remotes are good too, since they can be used in a bunch of ways, and I'd love to stumble across a USB adapter for N64 pads one of these days. :p Honourable mentions also go to the controllers of the NES and the TurboGrafx-16.

'Prometheus' said:
Wii Remotes are good too, since they can be used in a bunch of ways, and I'd love to stumble across a USB adapter for N64 pads one of these days. :p
One of these: CODE

http://cgi.ebay.com/N64-Nintendo-64-Adaptoid_W0QQitemZ190290891721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item190290891721&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
is the canonical example, but you can find numerous knockoffs that probably work as well: CODE
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-64-Adaptoid-PS2-N64-USB-PC-CONTROLLER-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ270356039210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item270356039210&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Note that the true Adaptoid supports copying saved files from a Memory Pak to your PC, whereas the knockoffs probably don't...

'Raz' said:
The Duke, USB Sega Saturn Controllers, and A company called "Genius" or somesuch actually has a controller called Pandora.

'Tom`' said:
Note that the true Adaptoid supports copying saved files from a Memory Pak to your PC, whereas the knockoffs probably don't...
That feature only works with special Windows drivers for the adaptoid, so unless someone wrote drivers for that for Linux, then the adaptoid will only work as a controller on Linux.

-God Ginrai

Srry bout that....

Add Logitech and Classic Controlelr options anyone? Maybe reset the polls

'B-ZaR' said:
What, no wiimote (+classic controller) option?
who in their right mind would CHOOSE to use the classic controllre

'PoisonedV' said:
'B-ZaR' said:
What, no wiimote (+classic controller) option?
who in their right mind would CHOOSE to use the classic controllre

The classic controller is actually pretty decent, and if you already have a classic controller and don't want to spend more money on new controllers then it is a viable option.

-God Ginrai

'Tom`' said:
<Big post of Adaptoid info, snipped to avoid large quote block>
Thankyou very muchly for that. :)

since I have a wii remote and classic controller I just voted wireless.

Back