Xbox Mod Chip

c0ncept

H.R. Gigers wet dream
Website
Visit site
hey y'all,

I recently got an Xbox for free from my ISP :ph34r: , my girlfriend already has one so I was thinking about getting it mod chipped, does anyone know where I could get this done (in the UK) reliably? Also how much does it generally cost and whats the best chip to get?

If I remember there was a guy on the board a while back who modded consoles, if your still about get in touch. Otherwise, anyone who has any info, please post!

Paul

hi how did you get it for free ? your about the 5th person ive heard about gettin free xbox or ps2 from there isp :blink:

That was malty, he runs a shop, consolefix.co.uk I think. Search for him in the user list (Maltloaf).

Whos Your ISP ????? How did u get it for free? I want a Free Xbox :p

The ISP is NTL they offer a free Xbox or PS2 (no GC though :( ) when you sign up to 750kbps or higher broadband internet.

I thought it was malty, is he still active on this forum or will I need to go t hrough his site?

Also anyone got any info on the different chips and what thet do?

I'm looking into a similar sort of thing. What do you want the box for? Like just for linux, for xbox live or just emulators or what?

If you pop over to xbox-scene.com there's a thread in the faq section saying which modchip should I buy with a link to all the chips and their features.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone is selling an xbox (modded preferably) then get in touch please :).

c0ncept posted on Oct 6 2004 at 07:59 PM said:
The ISP is NTL they offer a free Xbox or PS2 (no GC though :( ) when you sign up to 750kbps or higher broadband internet.

I thought it was malty, is he still active on this forum or will I need to go t hrough his site?

Also anyone got any info on the different chips and what thet do?

Do NTL Suck ass?? :p I herd they do :)

How much is 750KBPS BB Per a Month ??

Last edited by a moderator:
until recently I never had a real problem with NTL, however I've been having a few problems registering my modem and their customer service sucks arse. Really, I have phoned three times and have been in a que for a total of NINE (!) hours. And I still don't have my problem sorted :(

I pay 26 pounds a month for 750kbps and no, you don't have to have digital TV. Although, obviously, you do need to live in a area that has cable access. Look on their site of you want to know whether or not your area has access.

Oh yeah, thanks for the link dozer!

Paul

Back