Xgp Exposure

Ravnos posted on Mar 11 2006 at 03:54 AM said:
I was kidding...

I was hoping that you were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this looks really cool, and along with Quake 3 haha nice. However I probably won't be getting one, I'm just loyal and doing just fine with the Gp2x, so if I ever get $300-400 bucks, I'll just buy a PSP or a Xbox 360, not some wannabee PSP thing. I was going to get the Gizmondo when it first released, and it was a flop in America, and probably everywhere else to, get what I'm sayin? B)

dennis20014 posted on Mar 13 2006 at 02:33 AM said:
I was going to get the Gizmondo when it first released, and it was a flop in America, and probably everywhere else to, get what I'm sayin? B)

Yes, me too. But the only thing is, I am anticipating the XGP.

DaveC posted on Mar 11 2006 at 04:03 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Mar 9 2006 at 09:08 PM said:
I heard F-day will be ready for the Ninja's launch. Also, it will be called the Hero when it's sold in the UK for legal reasons.

So no f-day for the GP2X for a looong time then, and when it does come everyone will be hyped about the ninja? That kind of sucks :(
I hope you won't be that whiny when the Ninja is released (if ever); it will be the console you're dreaming of...

I really long for it; the specifications are perfect when it comes to emulating...

I don't want the XGP exposed. I want the XGP safely locked in a box at the bottom of the Mariannes Trench.

I just wish there were a PDF reader for the GP2X :(

Talyz posted on Mar 31 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 11 2006 at 04:03 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Mar 9 2006 at 09:08 PM said:
I heard F-day will be ready for the Ninja's launch. Also, it will be called the Hero when it's sold in the UK for legal reasons.

So no f-day for the GP2X for a looong time then, and when it does come everyone will be hyped about the ninja? That kind of sucks :(
I hope you won't be that whiny when the Ninja is released (if ever); it will be the console you're dreaming of...

I really long for it; the specifications are perfect when it comes to emulating...

No - they are very good but they aren't perfect imho.

The perfect would be a FPGA chip with direct logical/functional mirror of the original.

That would be perfect.

Anyone has electronics schematics of snes for an example? :)

I'm wondering - some capable FPGAs starts at 25$ per unit. If a function can be hardwired then such FPGA will outperform any mobile CPU easily. It can be also be reconfigured (models without internal flash) indefinitely, Even better FPGA can be combined with "normal" CPU for the best flexibility. Some of FPGAs have included cpu as well (Xilinx's Virtex-II Pro for an example with 400MHz PowerPC core but expensive).

At other hand with around 500mips of plain cpu power such things like FPGAs might be only improving things marginally for emulating. But there is "a middle gorund" where some function are very innefective on a CPU but will fly on the such chips like FPGas (even the cheaper ones).

That's just dreaming for now thought. Unfortunately there isn't such big demand for more sophisticated machines and improvements in mobile cpus will make it perfect anyway.

SONY posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:05 AM said:
Where the hell has the XGP and XGP mini gone to?
MIA again I guess? *nods*
I thought they were going to release more information at E3 and that product availability was scheduled for later in the year.

dakkon posted on Apr 25 2006 at 02:57 AM said:
Well... the mini has the upper hand on the gp2x. it has a d-pad...

Upper hand? Well..

D-pad = good

Microscopic screen = shit

Sounds like a compromise not an upper hand.

DaveC posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:39 PM said:

Upper hand? Well..

D-pad = good

And thats why you shouldn't buy either....... :rolleyes: Am I right DaveC?

p.s. How come you post so damn much on this board? No offense......... :huh:

OMars posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:05 PM said:
DaveC posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:39 PM said:

Upper hand? Well..

D-pad = good

And thats why you shouldn't buy either....... :rolleyes: Am I right DaveC?

The joystick is not that bad on the GP2X. A D-pad would be better, but the stick is very useable.

Quake 3 could possibly run... But I think it would be more along the lines of the stripped down DC version than the full PC version...

the dc version isnt very stripped down, and i doubt you would notie any difference at all on a small handheld screen.

Back