Xtreme Regulars Forum

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Here's an idea: an "Xtreme Regulars Forum" which you must have moderator or admin approval to gain access to. The idea here is a place where you can chat with multiple regulars in private instead of IRC or a cross-team PM. We may even see some secret announcements from devs who don't want the entire world to know yet. And last, but certainly not least, there would be little to no moderation in this special forum. You can cuss, flame, and spam as much as you like. We might even allow ROM/Warez links, the mods will have to talk about that.

The downside of this idea would be a segregation of the community. The regulars can either keep the forums alive or kill them, depending on their attitudes ;) If the regulars start to use the private forum instead of the other forums (and not in addition to), we'd have to either shut the private forum down or start moving posts we feel really, really deserve to be in other forums.

So, what do you think?

Well that is sort of what the spam thread is to some of us already, and that is why we got annoyed at the enforceing of rules in it :p .

I think it is a good idea, but the public forum could suffer badly, although I would still pop in and help when I could, which is not alot :p .

Would I gain access to this forum?

Creating a sovereign oasis for the elite is always a bad idea, whether it is Hitler doing it in nazi Germany, Emperor Jiang doing it in China or someone doing it on this forum. It has never been a good idea during the course of history, for once we should learn from the past.

Whether you are allowed in the forum could be decided on a formula....
eg:-

if:
[postcount] + ["number of months member for" x (20)]> whatever
+
no mod objection

= member of forum.

boredom strikes again!

Creating a sovereign oasis for the elite is always a bad idea, whether it is Hitler doing it in nazi Germany, Emperor Jiang doing it in China or someone doing it on this forum. It has never been a good idea during the course of history, for once we should learn from the past.
agreed...
i dont think it would result in something good for the community

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interesting to trial, but I think I agree mostly with Pip on this one - we really ought to try and keep any elite and non-elite together as much as possible - and this *could* jeopardize that. Though I have my doubts as to whether it would.

Well that is sort of what the spam thread is to some of us already, and that is why we got annoyed at the enforceing of rules in it :p .
Too bad, it was never designed for that. It'd still be okay (adapting to change is not a bad thing) BUT for the fact seperate threads are just better in every way than a stupid shoutbox-esque clique thing.

I don't think it's a good idea to create a clique, I've experienced it in other boards and been invited into 'secret' regular forums. If public, or even not (it'll be found out soon enough) people outside the circle will be pissed off. Nobody benefits from segregation, and it just encourages arrogance amongst 'veterans' which plagues other communities.

'No' vote from me.

I think it would be a very good idea (but only if I was allowed in :lol: )...
I don't tink people would pay any less attention to the other boards but it would just be nice to be able to go somewhere without billions of newbies and Spam fishers (slip of the tongue :p -it really was as well)...

agreed...
i dont think it would result in something good for the community
agreed. I don't think it will work. I am against any kind of segregation :] You should read Orwell's Animal Farm ;)

If you did this I would be forced to be good and not spam so Icould get in. Plus no one gives me warnings. If you think something I do is wrong give me a warning rather than flaming me.

Bad idea.
If someone cannot live with the spamers, lamers, trolls & newbies can choose for not reading/answer to his questions. With time everybody finishes learning, by the easy path or by the hard path.
It is a work of the moderators/admins and of the own forum members to have the forum in good condition/pace.
I wonder: When the "Regular Forum" goes a time and new "Regular Members" join it, the "Veterans Regular Members" will complain about that there is many "Newbie Regular Members"... then what do you do? ... to create the "Special Regular Forum"? <_<

My vote: NO

PD: And sorry for my english... it's hard for me to say such things in english.

Bad idea.
If someone cannot live with the spamers, lamers, trolls & newbies can choose for not reading/answer to his questions. With time the whole world finishes learning, by the easy path or by the hard path.
It is a work of the moderators/admins and of the own forum members to have the forum in good condition/pace.
I wonder: When the "Premier Forum" goes a time and new "Premier Members" join it, the Veterans Premier Members will complain about that there is many newbe Premium Members... then what do you do? ... to create the Super Premier Forum? <_<

My vote: NO

PD: And sorry for my english... it's hard for me to say such things in english.
true....

But this isn't really because we can't like with spammers, trolls etc.... as otherwise we would have left the board ages ago.
And I don't think people would have a proble with lots of premier members, as long as they were nice.

I twould be an incentive for people to be good like Spam fisher said.

On the other hand Segregation is sometimes a bad thing.
But this is not total segregation as l33t (i got a kick out of doing that <_< ) members can still post with the other non-l33t's.
You could say we are segregating members who can go to the Beta-testing forum from non-members who visit this board (and that segregation is all for the wrong reasons - while this one is just to give a friendly spot for regulars).

people only complain about noobs asking the same stupid questions over and over, when they become regular members they won't need to ask stupid questions nemore and the "veteran members" as you called them won't need to complain about them

Back