Yeahhhhh!!!

diablo2 posted on Jul 14 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
zelda runs awesomely
and when gp advanced gets to a playable level you'll be able to play the upgraded gba version
no it doesn't

there is a major problem with transaprencies atm, so it doesnt play nicely at all

best sticking with the GB versions until the transparacy hack gets sorted

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the info

i'll check out aquafish's version.

And about Zelda it doesn't work work properly is there someplace i can go to see others configurations?

Appreciate the help. :)

i haven't noticed any transparency problems and i'm about halfway through the game on my gp32
but yoyofr and thunderZ and lax3r(i can't remember how to spell his name) are going to release a new version with transparencies and a new asm core so much MUCH faster
especially when zelda runs pretty fast already

gp32 rules

Yeah, the game runs pretty well. I'm in the 3rd dungeon (Though I haven't played it in months) of the dark world and, based on what I remember, I didn't encounter any transparency problems up to that point. But the game isn't the best speed with music, IMO. It's kind of unplayable for me, but without sound it's perfect.

guess i have to play around with the settings for zelda.

I just found out about scummvm :D just checked that disc that came from gbax with my gp32 full of cool stuff.

BTW i can't get past lamo-copy protection on monkey island 2 what do i do?

thanks peoplee

edit:nevermind i pressed alot of buttons and it works :D btw does urse of monkey island work?

Sadly, Cures of monkey islands isn`t one of the games that is compatable with our version of scumm.

Loom
Monkey island 2 (Le chucks revenge)
Indiana jones the fate of atlantis
indiana jones the last crusade
Day of the tentacle
Sam and max (up to a point)

Do work great.

Trooper

hmm figured it was too much to ask of this device but monkey island 2 runs very well also Indian Jones is one of my favourite games, but i have noticed flikering is that because i am not using the 133mhz version?

Also my blu screen seems to how can i put it "dull" sort off dont know might be imagining it also the joystick is waaay to sensitive find it hard navigating properly through menu's.

Is this normal?

The joystick sensitivity is pretty normal, But it can vary a great deal between games/programs.

As for the screen, You say it appears dull, Compared to what ?
The GP32 Blu has got a fairly dim light compared to other backlit gagets/hardware. This maybe Gameparks way of helping to prolong battery life. :unsure:

EDIT: Crap spelling

Trooper

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 15 2004 at 01:16 AM said:
hmm figured it was too much to ask of this device but monkey island 2 runs very well also Indian Jones is one of my favourite games, but i have noticed flikering is that because i am not using the 133mhz version?

Also my blu screen seems to how can i put it "dull" sort off dont know might be imagining it also the joystick is waaay to sensitive find it hard navigating properly through menu's.

Is this normal?

See this topic here. Basically the plastic screen is yellow like a pair of sun glasses sort of. If you put in a glass screen it is a bit brigher and not quite as "dull" or yellow.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12354

Well, if its flickering, you may be using batteries too old. Get yourself some fully charged ones, and try them out - it *might* work better. I can't say I remember Scummvm flickering for me.

If it does, then invest in a quick-charger and some decent capacity 2100 or 2300 mAh batteries; you'll be able to play your GP more often and a lot cheaper than otherwise...

Rico posted on Jul 13 2004 at 06:55 PM said:
However, Mega Drive emulation has actually surpassed this, some games do fs0 w/o sound. Z80 sound is still not publicly supported, though. If you have a 166MHz-capable GP32 you're certainly in for a treat!

The version of GigaDrive on the web is the same as my version (well almost, I fixed a little bug), so I assure you Z80 sound is not privately supported either ;-)

thats good guess i am just being picky, about this glass screen thing how durable is it?

diablo2 posted on Jul 14 2004 at 11:19 PM said:
i haven't noticed any transparency problems and i'm about halfway through the game on my gp32
but yoyofr and thunderZ and lax3r(i can't remember how to spell his name) are going to release a new version with transparencies and a new asm core so much MUCH faster
especially when zelda runs pretty fast already

gp32 rules
The problems are there in Zelda, just they are hard to notice (if you do not know what you are looking for) ...There is rain on the first level of Zelda, but I did not realise it until I fiddled with the transparency settings. It's still playable however. The other SNES emu runs Zelda fine with transparency (had to clock it to 166 to get a decent framerate though).

that helps you out sometimes
because in the path you take through the sewer or whatever it is in the prelude in zelda there is no darkness

zelda is full speed now with the new version of opensnes9xgp v0.2 if you can overclock high enough
i've only run it at 200 and the frame rate is about 31
so yes i am very very very happy

only other game i have tried is chrono trigger and its runs at the same frame rate as zelda
there is no sound though
something messed up or something when the guy compiled it

edit: OmarNawaz sadly the plastic covering to the screen scratches very easy
www.mashmods.com will install a glass screen for you that never scratches if you are unsure about how to do it yourself

i have not done it but i am right on the edge of about to do it
people say its a very good quality screen
and if you have a blu you can actually see the screen with the light off with this
at least thats what i'm told

about the screen i fear that because its glass it will smash easily

about zelda are there other emulators than run it with sound and also transparency.

trhanks

fdave posted on Jul 15 2004 at 11:58 AM said:
Rico posted on Jul 13 2004 at 06:55 PM said:
However, Mega Drive emulation has actually surpassed this, some games do fs0 w/o sound. Z80 sound is still not publicly supported, though. If you have a 166MHz-capable GP32 you're certainly in for a treat!

The version of GigaDrive on the web is the same as my version (well almost, I fixed a little bug), so I assure you Z80 sound is not privately supported either ;-)
That was from a long time ago when rlyeh said he had 'sound running' and could turn it on any time for his next build. In retrospect that probably wasn't Z80 sound. Oh well! My bad.

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 15 2004 at 07:08 PM said:

about zelda are there other emulators than run it with sound and also transparency.

trhanks
It's very thick hardened glass so will not smash that easily, however it will make the gray surround of the screen stick out very badly...

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 15 2004 at 01:08 PM said:

trhanks
actually glass would be more durable than the plastic stuff that the screen comes with
and the gray thing only sticks up like a millimeter

i love my glass screen

about zelda
i well opensnes9x is pretty much the best emulator
but there are two other snes emus
none are as good as snes
but they might have transparencies but i doubt it

you can play around with the transparency hack in opensnes9xgp but when yoyofinally releases the new snes version in about a month or two according to what hando said a while ago

Back