Yet another power adapter question

Nardella

If I connect an adapter rated at greater or less than 2A will there be any problems? I am thinking of adapters from .5A to 3A.

I presume that the Pandora will only draw what it needs when the adapter has a higher rating.

When the adapter has a lower rating I have heard of adapters being damaged, could this be a problem and could the Pandora be damaged by an under rated adapter?

AAUI the Pandora can only handle voltages from 4.8 to 5.2. What could happen if I under volt it?

The amp rating is the max it will safely provide and depends entirely on the device to actually use it. Using a higher amp plug will not harm it at all. Unless it is a cheaply made plug that isn't actually capable of what it says it is, that is.

That being said, you probably don't want to go under 2amps. Right now the Pandora is only programmed to charge at 1a, but it can go as high as 2a. If it tries to draw that 2amps and the adapter can only supply 1amp, it will cause problems. At best it'll flicker the power and it'll just charge slower, at worst it'll overheat the charge block and burn out. Keep it to 2amps.

As for voltage, you should be safe as low as 4.5 volts. In theory, so long as it is above 4.2 volts it'll be enough, but I haven't bothered to calculate the overhead. Likewise, it should be able to handle up to 6 volts if I remember correctly, but at that level you're bordering on damage and a slight flicker too high could burn it out. Just use a 5 volt adapter with a minimum of 1.5amps and you'll be fine.

Using a higher amp power supply can be harmful if it isn't regulated. I'd advise you to check the voltage with a multimeter when the power supply is unloaded. If it shows 5 volts, it should be fine. If it shows a high voltage (like 6 or 7), it's not regulated and could damage your pandora.

If I connect an adapter rated at greater or less than 2A will there be any problems? I am thinking of adapters from .5A to 3A.

I presume that the Pandora will only draw what it needs when the adapter has a higher rating.

When the adapter has a lower rating I have heard of adapters being damaged, could this be a problem and could the Pandora be damaged by an under rated adapter?

AAUI the Pandora can only handle voltages from 4.8 to 5.2. What could happen if I under volt it?
A little off-topic, do you have any mates who have a PSP charger that they're no longer using or want?

A little off-topic, do you have any mates who have a PSP charger that they're no longer using or want?
Yep I have one for you if you needit. You pay the shipping its yours. Also it's a official PSP charger to

Last edited by a moderator:
Back