Release Yeti3D PRO Pandora port (should I put it on the repo?)

j0e

so instead of studying for my exam instead I've been messing around with Yeti3D and made a quick port based on the GP2X port by grz, before tweaking some things to make it more comfortable on the pandora.

pnd link

win32 binaries + source

info:

This is a quick port of the Yeti3D Pro engine by Derek J. Evans based off of the GP2X port by grz with some tweaks and improvements. As far as I can tell, apart from that it is the original Yeti3d Pro as found on the sourceforge page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/yeti3dpro/).

CONTROLS

Controls are a bit old-skool but they should be pretty comfortable if you've ever played Doom/Quake etc.

Fn+Q (escape): Quit instantly.

Menu controls:

B: Select things, and advance

X: Go back

Up/Down: Move through menus

Game controls:

D-pad: Move and turn

L+R: Strafe

X: Fire

A: Jump

Y/B: Look up/down

There are two different executables in the PND: yeti3d normal which runs with low quality clipping and projection (lots of popup especially at edges, slightly less slowdown), and yeti3d high which runs with high quality clipping and projection, texture dithering and no frame rate limit.

Current features / improvements over GP2X port:

• 800x480 resolution
  • 10 levels (after beating last level, end screen is shown)
  • Sound effects (extremely basic, one sound at a time for unknown reasons)

Known issues:

• Monsters currently only run at you and push you around
  • Some slowdown (unknown why; constant game speed before recompiling)
  • Options screen etc. not working
  • Pickups cannot be picked up

To do:

• Better time keeping for constant game speed (if not frame rate)
  • Graphic detail and screen resolution changing
  • 400x240 double pixel mode (?)
  • Analogue nubs
  • Looking up/down done better (and/or vertical autoaim)
  • Game stuff (will probably be put into a new game)

Amazing thanks time deffo well spent  ;)  i had never seen this game before now. Another good fun fps for the pandora I only had a quick play of your pnd for 15 mins so far but feels like it could be quite adictive like the dooms and quakes.   look forwards to seing the update when u have time away from your studys and exams.  when ememys dont try to hug you and fight back, also just cause its not in the short todo list i assume youre aware that you dont recieve damage for walking on the lava atm.

Nice work 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back