Yo Mods, Checked Ip Bans?

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
I know a new thread isn't the ideal way to get in touch with the extreme team, but here goes anyway. Has anyone looked into the issue of Craig being locked out of GP32X, and whether it might be the accidental result of an IP ban? Would it be worth dropping any bans in place to see if it helps?

We've now got two key team members in the wilderness of Northern England, all but cut off from the community as the most exciting stage of the project kicks off. I'm sure they wouldn't be posting much today anyway, but this can't really go on for another week.

Any clues?

Gruso said:
I know a new thread isn't the ideal way to get in touch with the extreme team, but here goes anyway. Has anyone looked into the issue of Craig being locked out of GP32X, and whether it might be the accidental result of an IP ban? Would it be worth dropping any bans in place to see if it helps?

We've now got two key team members in the wilderness of Northern England, all but cut off from the community as the most exciting stage of the project kicks off. I'm sure they wouldn't be posting much today anyway, but this can't really go on for another week.

Any clues?

i doubt thats what happened, if so, a simple use of a proxy would have dealt with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it's so simple as the board itself. ED knew of Craig's issues before he went to Korea.

I think it might reside with ED's service provider. Unfortunately, no one here has access to them.

Gruso said:
Craig used a proxy but it was read-only access.

depending of what "read only access mean" (was he able to open his account or not?)

that should give some trails of what should be done.

As Mods, our hands are tied as what is needed to further investigate is Admin access (Hando,ED)

If i see Craig and MW over the next day, i'll find out what is happening and report back regarding the IP issue. :)

EDIT: Just done all the checks us mods can do and all looks rosey

Gruso said:
Craig used a proxy but it was read-only access.
Not all Proxies transfer cookies and other things... it depends on what which he used, and how. If everyone else can gain access, and his account is fine. It's not his account.

So what is left?

Edit: Snort. Possibly an overactive security protocol on the board, or more likely, the provider. The sniffer might have black flagged his connection, despite where it comes from (they are made to be reactive).

I can't answer these questions, I'm not a doctor. I was just wondering if there were any unturned stones at this end.

Anyway, cheers for the reply x68000. :) If you're going to Craig's place, take a camera!

Gruso said:
I can't answer these questions, I'm not a doctor. I was just wondering if there were any unturned stones at this end.

Anyway, cheers for the reply x68000. :) If you're going to Craig's place, take a camera!
Judging by the lack of pics, MW may be camera shy

I'll proceed with caution

Magic Sam said:
Hi :)

DroneB Dev said:
i doubt thats what happened, if so, a simple use of a proxy would have dealt with it.
Craig has already tried many things to get back on gp32x.de...

From Craig's twitter:

GP32x is dead to me. Can't even get there via google DNS, the IP, a different computer, a different router. Weird.
Could a proxy make a difference ?

Bye, Magic Sam

whats the quote for??

i already know all of that, and it doesnt contradicts anything i said.
formerly i proposed that it might be a DNS issue since GP32 suffers from that a lot.
then after that, Cx posted that.

im starting to think he just wants to stay away from the boards, before he shoots out another one liner and some other developer leaves annoyed.
im sure a online privacy proxy should work out well since ive used those before.

DroneB Dev said:
whats the quote for??

i already know all of that, and it doesnt contradicts anything i said.
I think I've misread your post, sorry :)
Bye, Magic Sam

I have my own proxy set up, works fine for the most part; but it doesn't work with gp32x.de, so I have to go direct for this site *doh!* Otherwise I'd let him use my proxy :p

jeff

When I have trouble with an IP, I disconnect my Router and have a new one by reconnecting - all problems solved. :)

Can Craigix at least access openpandora.org?

Craig seems to be in someone firewall, maybe they thought he was a spammer? Sending out thousands of emails every so often is bound to get you noticed every so often.

Squidge said:
Craig seems to be in someone firewall, maybe they thought he was a spammer? Sending out thousands of emails every so often is bound to get you noticed every so often.
That's an interesting idea. But why would he be banned from accessing the gp32x domain? It seems he can access everything else just fine...

Gruso said:
I can't answer these questions, I'm not a the Doctor.
*FIXED

If its not the site it could be his ISP, my ISP has a f'ing inline proxy which can get screwed up e.g. something getting stuck in the cache. Because its inline you cant get around it by using a different proxy (except website-based proxies of course). But the fact The Doctor ;) said he thought it was the site blocking him, means it probably is. He does seem to know a thing or two.

Maybe we could switch to Open Handhelds until this is sorted out (maybe?)

Back