Your Internet Id And Google!

xboxit

Just Photoshoppin, True, True.....
Website
Visit site
When I seached for my internet id (xboxit) it came up with posts i had made but not my seriously crap website. Why??? :huh:

Google's main way to gather data is to go through a website's links (called "web crawling"). For instance, type in "miserable failure" into google - the first result should be George W. Bush's autobiography. Google just cataloged all the links it could find from other links in its database which had "miserable failure" in their text, as that is the main basis for Google's search. So this means you need to link to your own website more often with whatever keyword you usually search with.

Like if you type in "Xenosaga Parody", you'll get a forum thread containing a link to my parody. This is probably because the forum's title was "Xenosaga Parody", and it cataloged the link when looking through allrpg.com's forum during a previous search (this is a post from 2003, so whatever search prompted it to go to allrpg.com was probably back in 2003). And they didn't like my ending, damn them (actually, I don't like it either, heh).

xboxit posted on Sep 4 2004 at 08:15 PM said:
true but you don't have to rub it in my face :(
Oh come on, it's not like I'm saying something you didn't know and it massively evil. Also I had to mention the fact to answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Sep 4 2004 at 10:00 PM said:
holy crap www.gamesite.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk made it into google ages ago!
<_<

Rico posted on Sep 4 2004 at 09:56 PM said:
xboxit posted on Sep 4 2004 at 08:15 PM said:
true but you don't have to rub it in my face :(
Oh come on, it's not like I'm saying something you didn't know and it massively evil. Also I had to mention the fact to answer your question.
If you'll exscuse me, I'm goin to cry myself to sleep :(

Back