100% success! (2011-12-24)

There is one thing about this RAM issue im wondering... IIRC EvilDragon said that they still receive "Texas-Pandora" with 256MB RAM. If I preorder now, is there a chance I get "Texas-Pandora" (256MB RAM) instead of "Germany-Pandora" (512MB RAM)?

I really don't care much about RAM but I like big numbers ^_^
I thought that CircuitCo boards were:

1. Unreliable since the PCBs corroded
  2. Not being built as Most of the parts have been reclaimed. (and CC can't be bothered!)

It would be good to have confirmation from the core team on this. :unsure:

CC only sent parts for the second batch, so old ones can be reworked... and we hope they will do that.

As with the refurbished boards from the upgrades, these boards will be sold for a lower price.

So if you don't care about the additional 256MB RAM and are mostly into gaming, you could get the unit cheaper :)

Also, we'll sort out unrepairable boards that have issues like broken WiFi and send them even cheaper as well.

Everything is better than just dumping them...

CC only sent parts for the second batch, so old ones can be reworked... and we hope they will do that.

As with the refurbished boards from the upgrades, these boards will be sold for a lower price.

So if you don't care about the additional 256MB RAM and are mostly into gaming, you could get the unit cheaper :)

Also, we'll sort out unrepairable boards that have issues like broken WiFi and send them even cheaper as well.

So...;

1. New German Pandoras with 0.5GB ram - standard order, highest cost
  2. Refurbished Texan Pandoras with 256MB ram, - cheap, new or second-hand
  3. Boards with permanent damage - cheaper

In other words, will all new deliveries have the extra ram unless the buyer specifies otherwise - There are no 256MB CC boards being sold at the new/full price?

So...;

1. New German Pandoras with 0.5GB ram - standard order, highest cost
  2. Refurbished Texan Pandoras with 256MB ram, - cheap, new or second-hand
  3. Boards with permanent damage - cheaper

In other words, will all new deliveries have the extra ram unless the buyer specifies otherwise - There are no 256MB CC boards being sold at the new/full price?

From the sound of it, that is correct.

Now this brings another question which I know we get answer someday, but is the final cost of pandora decided yet? How about shipping costs?

Now this brings another question which I know we get answer someday, but is the final cost of pandora decided yet? How about shipping costs?

Still working that out. It's a pretty complex calculation... so we'll see.

Link (from ithic.com) will probably ship all the Pandoras to US customers. He'll get a big package from me and will ship them from there.

This will save a lot of shipping costs for all US customers :)

Link (from ithic.com) will probably ship all the Pandoras to US customers. He'll get a big package from me and will ship them from there.

How about EU customers? Any "special arrangements" for them?

ED, if you need more distributors, I have good and partially well-trusted contacts, whom we could ask if they would do the job of forwarding Pandoras, e.g. in South Korea, New Zealand, Switzerland (not EU, so might also save some shipping costs), Latvia, Croatia, and probably a few others, which don't come to mind now.

Let me know if this is interesting for you.

Still working that out. It's a pretty complex calculation... so we'll see.

^ That's an excellent arrangement. :)
Just waiting on some final calculations. I hope to have concrete numbers sometime this coming week. I'm really looking forward to helping the community with distribution in the US.

As long as I don't get snowed in, I'm hoping to catch FOSDEM and will be journeying to the land of the dark forest. Bearing witness to the Pandora Rebirth could hypothetically happen on my birthday, so this voyage is most humbling. This is the first off season I've had off from kayaking since 2008, and I'll document my journey the best I can. I'll pack my GoPro and audio recorder and try to put some highlights up on my site, and Twitter feed.

^

I don't know how many Canadian orders there are. Do Canadian's pay a VAT when things are sent from the US? Open Pandora does have an entity in Canada, will MWeston be handling those?

What's the latest estimated date for production to start in Germany?

My birthday is February 12th. Hoping that's the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Canadian, though I haven't placed my order yet. I'm under 18, so I will use my parent's PayPal account. My parents aren't still very convinced about the Pandora, but I think I can do it. :p

I don't know how many Canadian orders there are. Do Canadian's pay a VAT when things are sent from the US? Open Pandora does have an entity in Canada, will MWeston be handling those?

Canadian here, We don't need to pay for VAT, and when I ordered it came from Craigs shop, I dont believe MWeston handles anything to do with distribution. I think shipping from USA rather than Germany will save at least $20, maybe more

Back