1000 Cases...when Will The Others Get Here?

Delirious17

Still Fresh
Yeah I know kind of dumb to ask but impatience is very hard to deal with even though you guys are already doing a great job and doing the best you can...

When do you think the rest of the cases and boards will get to you guys?

You know those awesome stickers you see behind cars?

No? :huh:
I'm referring to the "The CLOSER you get, the SLOWER I go" one!

Well ...
"The more you inquire, the longer it takes"

... so many delays, guess people inquired/complained too often :eek:

OPT has told us the factory is supposed to be pumping out boards at 500 every week. Looks like it's been more like 200 every week for the last month, but they may have been holding back a little. Suppose they go to the full 500 per week, it'll be 4 weeksish to get the rest of them. The boards have been pretty reliable in getting made and sent quickly from what I can see.
They've also said they're waiting on the first 1000 cases only because they don't trust they can consistently get the same quality as they saw in the samples. However, once they arrive and are inspected, they can order the remaining 9000. According to the factory, they can do about 1000 per day. Let's say it actually takes 3 weeks to make them, plus a week for shipping, plus 4 weeks where the cases are packed and waiting to be shipped but no one actually calls UPS, that gives about 2 months for the remainder of the cases. :p

#17 said:
Yeah I know kind of dumb to ask but impatience is very hard to deal with even though you guys are already doing a great job and doing the best you can...

When do you think the rest of the cases and boards will get to you guys?
This is a very good question in my opinion, sadly I don't know if anyone knows the answer. Once the 1000 cases arrive, and Craig approves them(He may wait for Michaels OK), they can aprrove the remaining portion. Unless some miracle takes place in China, it can take 2 weeks, or 2 months.

I'm sure the team will try and give as many details as they can(and have them rush the order), but for anyone watching this comedy/drama unfold for the last 2 years knows that the info the mould factory gives is often times inaccurate at best. So even if they say 2 weeks, just expect 2 months! :lol:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Zotty said:
Being somewhere near #4000 this thread is just too depressing to read <_<

Than plan is, in order to be fair to EVERYONE, to ensure that everyone has the same waiting period as each other. Let's see - pre-ordering started at the end of September 2008...

Monk said:
Than plan is, in order to be fair to EVERYONE, to ensure that everyone has the same waiting period as each other. Let's see - pre-ordering started at the end of September 2008...
I ordered October 2009, that would mean I have to wait another year... :p

It's possible that the bottleneck is still the final assembly/shipping. The first 700 will take a while to ramp up, maybe there is another batch of populated boards queuing up for a flight out of the US, and 9000 cases could be approved on Friday if all goes well. I can't see the first 700 being finished before 2 weeks from now, but the last 3300 should be faster to finish...

WizardStan said:
OPT has told us the factory is supposed to be pumping out boards at 500 every week. Looks like it's been more like 200 every week for the last month, but they may have been holding back a little. Suppose they go to the full 500 per week, it'll be 4 weeksish to get the rest of them. The boards have been pretty reliable in getting made and sent quickly from what I can see.
They've also said they're waiting on the first 1000 cases only because they don't trust they can consistently get the same quality as they saw in the samples. However, once they arrive and are inspected, they can order the remaining 9000. According to the factory, they can do about 1000 per day. Let's say it actually takes 3 weeks to make them, plus a week for shipping, plus 4 weeks where the cases are packed and waiting to be shipped but no one actually calls UPS, that gives about 2 months for the remainder of the cases. :p

I'm a little concerned that the remaining cases will now be put on hold in the factory. I mean, we know roughly how long it will take them to produce the rest presuming that they start producing them as soon as someone gives them the ok, but what happens if this job has been pushed to the bottom of the order pile? I can't imagine that they're poised at the 'go' button, nervously glancing at the supervisor's door, waiting for him to kick it off it's hinges and scream 'PANDORA CASE PRODUCTION INITIATE!'.

tsh said:
and 9000 cases could be approved on Friday if all goes well.
Very unrealistic. I expect the cases to arrive on Monday not Friday.

So far, MWeston has been deciding on the cases, not Craig. So you would have to wait until at least Tuesday or more likely Wednesday before he even gets to see them. He will have to perform some checks on the cases and Fatih needs to communicate the results back to the Chinese. So I expect the order to produce the final 9000 at Thursday or Friday next week.

All of this assuming that the quality is actually acceptable.

<edit>Sometimes, it's good to be wrong: Craig is picking up the cases today!</edit>

So this means Craig has the initial 1000 now? And once the cases get the OK they will continue receiving more from China? Sorry, a bit lost right now.

Mantis said:
So this means Craig has the initial 1000 now? And once the cases get the OK they will continue receiving more from China? Sorry, a bit lost right now.
That's pretty much it. Craig doesn't have the 1,000 cases yet but he's going to pick them up today. Once they've been quality checked, 9,000 more will be ordered.

Craig is picking up a shipment related to the Pandora. There's no guarantee it's the cases. Or even if it is from the factory, no guarantee it's the whole thing. He might get one parcel today, another tomorrow, and a third one on Monday.
Past experience has made me very cynical, or at least less optimistic :)

Sugar_Kane said:
WizardStan said:

I'm a little concerned that the remaining cases will now be put on hold in the factory. I mean, we know roughly how long it will take them to produce the rest presuming that they start producing them as soon as someone gives them the ok, but what happens if this job has been pushed to the bottom of the order pile? I can't imagine that they're poised at the 'go' button, nervously glancing at the supervisor's door, waiting for him to kick it off it's hinges and scream 'PANDORA CASE PRODUCTION INITIATE!'.

its just about doing queue for a machine, then produce all 9k at once.
they dont like to stop in the middle because heating up wastes material and energy and MACHINE TIME.
and lets hope no more stupidity and failure on the machine.
"hey sorry folks, the feeding screw broke into 3 pieces we need to disassemble the whole thing and it will take 2 weeks." TOUCH/KNOCK WOOD!!

unless they are using once specific machine, it will be really fast (if we think that OPT paid it all in advance they would want to get rid of it ASAP,
the only bottle neck would be the paint).

My understanding was that the next batch of cases was expected to be ready before assembly of the first 1000 was complete, is that not correct?

I doubt, the 9K Cases are fast produced, they needed many weeks to finish 1000 Cases (inclunding paint). I really wonder, when they are in the moot to start with the rest of the cases and especialy ship them to the paint-job-facttory and then to England. I smell many weeks if not months from craigix "go" to the finished cases. :(
So he better gives his go as fast as possible.

fusion_power said:
I doubt, the 9K Cases are fast produced, they needed many weeks to finish 1000 Cases (inclunding paint). I really wonder, when they are in the moot to start with the rest of the cases and especialy ship them to the paint-job-facttory and then to England. I smell many weeks if not months from craigix "go" to the finished cases. :(
So he better gives his go as fast as possible.

nearly about the same time.
and at most, i believe it would only add 2 days (ON THE INJECTION MACHINE).

what it take to paint em all, thats another story.

Yeah, producing the cases won't take much longer. When the machine is set up, it keeps spitting them out.
Painting will probably take most of the time.

EvilDragon said:
Yeah, producing the cases won't take much longer. When the machine is set up, it keeps spitting them out.
Painting will probably take most of the time.

Hi ED, are you expecting the rest of the cases in one lot, or in smaller shipments? Thanks.

Back