The Cases And The Boards

^
souvenir-coffee-cup-statue-of-liberty1.jpg

We have still had no definite answer on boards. Skeezix said "700 units" are ready - I'm guessing they're board he's talking about?
I'm sure they (give or take a few) were completed a long time ago.

We need some definite news. I agree with all the negatives who say OP could be using wifi as an excuse.

Craig already stated: Cases are done and WILL ship how they WERE LAST WEEK. What's this shit about another delay with a case fix?

What the F**K!!!!

I think you need to chill out mate.

What is the point of continually harping on about the same thing?

x68000 said:
I think you need to chill out mate.

What is the point of continually harping on about the same thing?

If everyone just stfu and never questioned anything or demanded any answers, we'd be walked all over and taken advantage of. That goes for almost every situation in life btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I find it just a GOOD thing that the OP team seams now looking at the whole situation and discussing further internally what their action would be BEFORE making a "public" statement on what will happen.

It maybe a bit against their nature, but frankly I think the best course of action is now to not discuss to much in the boards, come with a decent "what if then else" plan and make this public.
Every word they say is stretched a bit to thin for the moment .

all IMHO of course, feel free to ignore/disagree.

shunun said:
Has anyone else noticed how big the statue of liberty looks in most movies. Eg, X-men (forget which one), The day after tomorrow.. even GTA4.

THE STATUE ISN'T THAT BIG, GET OVER IT AMERICA!
"The statue is 151 ft (46 m) tall, but with the pedestal and foundation, it is 305 ft (93 m) tall."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Liberty

Why should any of us just 'chill out'?
We have waiting patiently for a very long time, handed over large amounts of cash in good faith.
We now hear nothing about boards, random fixes with cases, other issues not working right (I don't mind the wifi) and with all the other delays...

It's just not cool, dude..

I'm surprised everyone got so distracted, no one noticed latest pics from Fatih... :blink:

mali said:

Wow. It really is MUCH smaller than they make it out to be in the movies!

kingoddball said:

IMHO, for our own well being. I recently took a short break from the forum (a couple of days I think, partly due to pressure of work, admittedly) but definately came back feeling revitalised and less likely to snap at trolls.

Though this does not mean that YOU "need" to chill out, it's just an observation on forum life. There are various people who seem more agitated at the moment - while at the extreme valium end of the scale, ED did a wonderful speech earlier this evening (along the lines of "Friends, Romans, Countrymen - lend me your money" which I thought was rather effective. Definately helped sooth my worried brow for a few moments.

Of course, there's an obvious answer to why ANYONE would keep asking the same question (or variations thereof) - and that is "not getting a satisfactory answer". There are oddities - especially with the data strewn about the forum rather than all in one convenient spot. Personally I'm happy enough with the info on board production as *I* don't need more. But that's me. Some need less than me, some more.

Well I guess every project has one mindless devotee who will vehemently defend their precious idol regardless of shortcomings. Congrats Alerino, you qualify. Have a great day you mindless bitch.

Sitting here wishing I had a mindless bitch at my disposal

Life would be sweet

You don't want people like alerino on your side. Douchebags like him can be enough to make one realize that this 'community' isn't one at all. Or one that isn't worth being part of. Small fish in a small pond. Perspective is a great thing.

never knew we had sides

who gets to pick first

I call heads ;)

btw I'm with Mali on this one

OH MY GOODNESS
some people really need to fricking chill out
Alerino isn't a mindless dolt, he understands the persure that the guys are under.
Imagine how you would feel if you was doing what they were,working your heart out on this project, and some complete idiot (sorry, i don't know but you sound like one) was having a go at them.
Ok i admit that there have been some MAJOR set backs but they aren't a big corporation that can throw money at a problem till it works.
IF YOUR THAT ANGRY CANCEL YOUR ORDER.....LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE YOUR "CRAP, NON WORKING" PANDORA
and if you don't want to do that, SHUT UP let them relax for half a sec

svs-57 said:
Why we havn't any information about current status of OP production?
Because you haven't been paying attention, because we do have information. A lot of information. We don't have ALL the information, but I don't think we need it.
The cases were delayed, again, while the manufacturer switches to a new machine that should give better results. It was only supposed to be a two day delay, so they should be shipping by now. We shall see what becomes of that in the next few days.
WiFi is turning out to be a bit more of a stumbling block than originally anticipated. The boards have temporarily halted production while they try to establish exactly what can be done about it. They expect the first thousand will still be shipped in the next couple weeks, but after that may be delayed. We don't know and I doubt OP knows either, until it can be established if the wifi problem is hardware or software.

That's what we know. What more could you need?

kingoddball said:
We have waiting patiently for a very long time, handed over large amounts of cash in good faith.
We now hear nothing about boards, random fixes with cases, other issues not working right (I don't mind the wifi) and with all the other delays...

It's just not cool, dude..
Because things seem to be happening right now. Parts are on their way to the UK, others are already there and the OP team are going to be here anytime as well.

This is all positive in my view after a frustrating 18 months. I'm pleased you didn't get a preorder back in '08 or you may be ready to take away by now :p

Back