What About The Boards?

PandoraRox

Still Fresh
I've noticed that lately much of the commotion around the board has been about the cases. However, not much has been said about the status of the boards. When will they be produced, or are all of them already produced? Correct me if I'm wrong, but could the OP team use this delay to make the boards, likely speeding up the whole process?

PandoraRox said:
I've noticed that lately much of the commotion around the board has been about the cases. However, not much has been said about the status of the boards. When will they be produced, or are all of them already produced? Correct me if I'm wrong, but could the OP team use this delay to make the boards, likely speeding up the whole process?

Do you mean the production of the boards, or the population of them? From Craig's response it sounds like they have been populated, but I thought I'd heard the population would take place once the cases arrived. Obviously I'm just a forum frequenter, so I just "know" what I remember reading. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PandoraRox said:
but could the OP team use this delay to make the boards, likely speeding up the whole process?
No, because the OP team is not running a pre-emptive kernel, they are blocking for cases and cannot do anything else until then. Not even eat.

craigix said:
They are sitting waiting in Dallas for the cases.

So are you saying the boards are finished and populated? or have they not populated any yet because they are waiting for the finished cases? Your answer is unclear :)

You imagine by the time 3-4 people ask the same question that they would just sit and wait for the answer. :lol: I'm betting we get some more reworded versions first.

How many boards?
Are the boards completely populated?
Are the boards tested?

...judging by the vagueness I guess no to the last two :(

I must be dumb or something, but what's the difference between a populated or an unpopulated board?

NLS said:
I must be dumb or something, but what's the difference between a populated or an unpopulated board?
A populated board has the components on it (like the USB connectors, the OMAP processor, the volume wheel, etc.), an unpopulated board is just a bare PCB with no components.

craigix said:
They are sitting waiting in Dallas for the cases.

Hmm lets over analyse they are sitting not standing or anything hmm do they have knees?

i think it is pretty hard to be sitting if you dont have knees, and how would a chair look if our knees would bend forward instead of backwards hmm questions questions

If the boards are all complete and populated and just waiting to be plopped into cases then why does the status page only show that MP has started for the boards...

The spot on the status table is yellow, not red/orange ;)
ED said two weeks ago that they are being produced, but it obviously takes a while to complete.

Yeah I see that, sorry my previous post was too brief to express my view. I'll try again if that's ok.

Given the following two points;

1. Craig states the boards are just waiting for the cases (to me implies they are complete)
  2. The status does not say 'COMPLETE' in green

I wonder how these two things sit together, I can't quite get my head around it as I'm starving hungry, cold and have flu. I'm stuck in the mountains in over 30cm of snow feeling poorly and all alone. Pity me and explain this for me as my head isn't working today.

Anyone got a helicopter to fly me in some aspirin and bread, please?

Sorry, I have no helicopter :unsure:
If the word 'complete' isn't written, it isn't there, I think :p

I am pretty sure Craig means there 105 boards sitting and waiting in Dallas. If there was 1000 or 4000 finished boards I am sure we would hear about it in the status page, in the blog, a more detailed forum post. I sure the team would let us know if there were any real progress.

Back