Some Questions About The Black Prototypes

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Are these black cases new prototypes? Do they already have the new pivot for the D-pad and how far is the prototyping of the case about now? And how is the MP (testing) of the boards comming along?

I hope to have a more recent prototype, with the MP nubs this coming week.

So the last one is old news.

The board tests look good. A bigger run is about to happen, the boards from this run will be used in final consoles.

The board tests look good. A bigger run is about to happen, the boards from this run will be used in final consoles.
whooo
static.gif

that is really nice to hear :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the update. How'd the hinge tweaking go? What about modifying the D-Pad? Lastly...how's that video coming along? ;)

Hey great news, so the first boards will be ready in the next few weeks? how long will the case take, a month from when MP of that starts?
Are we talking July or August if things go to plan for the first complete units to arrive?
Thanks

thanks craig for the update :)
now i can stop F5-ing the board for awhile :p

*edit, what color are the MP boards going to be? pink? :3

thanks craig for the update :"]
now i can stop F5-ing the board for awhile :p
*edit, what color are the MP boards going to be? pink? :3[/quote]It seems the closer the release date the more I want to look at the forums

hah i know what you mean. First i checked the news section every day, but now im checking it every hour :)
Im lucky to have seen this post of craig. cheers!

You might also want to check craigix's profile -> find all his recent posts

that way, you're mostly one of the first to get the hot pandora hardware-related news :p

Tweaking the Dpad looks like it will be the final step, Dave really wants the controls to be as good as possible.

So even though we have shipped out a few consoles to devs with cases, those cases are not final ones and the dpad isn't as good as it could be (the diagonals are not perfect).

The PCB mass production will actually be pretty fast, but we might have 4000PCBs piled up soon waiting for final cases.

We're getting there and because we are in full control of this machine and we keep you updated the future is looking very very good.

You might also want to check craigix's profile -> find all his recent posts

that way, you're mostly one of the first to get the hot pandora hardware-related news :p
The Information Index thread has links to the recent posts of all the developers. :D

Back