How Big Is The Pandora?

aliking

Heyo, I guess the topic speaks for itself. Now that there is a new case design, and completed working prototypes on the horizon, I wonder if the dimensions on the wiki need updating.

Some of the chatter seems to indicate that the Pandora is now thicker than the originally quoted 27mm.

a

I don't think the dimensions have changed. Well, we'll see when the first complete Pandora is here in a few days.

aliking said:
Heyo, I guess the topic speaks for itself. Now that there is a new case design, and completed working prototypes on the horizon, I wonder if the dimensions on the wiki need updating.

Some of the chatter seems to indicate that the Pandora is now thicker than the originally quoted 27mm.

a
It's not bigger than a bread box.

Last edited by a moderator:
NearTao said:
It's not bigger than a bread box.
Well that's a relief. I know that a bread box will fit in my pocket, but it's one of the things I'm hoping to replace with the Pandora.

Intresting comparison - the pandora is quite a bit shorter and not as deep as my old Toshiba Liberetto 50CT (Think small old pentium 75 laptop with 16MB ram). Thickness is about the same. Wonder what the screensize of the pandora is?

ljones

ljones said:
Wonder what the screensize of the pandora is?

Since we know the screen diagonal is 4,3' (109,22 mm) and the pixel resolution is 800x480, (which gives us the diag. in pixels sqrt(800^2 + 480^2) ~= 932,95)...

The horizontal should be (800*4,3/932,95) ~= 3,69' (93,66 mm)
And the vertical should be (480*4,3/932,95) ~= 2,21' (56,19 mm)

Conclusion: 3,7' x 2,2' (9,36 cm x 5,62 cm). It looks small indeed.

Kloplop321 said:
why are you using commas? Does your country use different currency representation? :eek:

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. We use commas in Spain for separating the decimals. But there was no currency on my msg. Only inches, mm & cm.

joseluisjazz said:
Kloplop321 said:
why are you using commas? Does your country use different currency representation? :eek:

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. We use commas in Spain for separating the decimals. But there was no currency on my msg. Only inches, mm & cm.
Yeah, those internationaly made calculators, grrr, they confuse us because they use points for separating the decimals and commas for the thousands, just the oposite.

Back