15th Preorder Confirmed?

I don't see why everybody is acting as though preorders will sell out in the first hour they are opened.

Worst case (or maybe for them, best case?) scenario, they're sold out a week after preorders are opened, at the earliest. Remember, they're expecting people to pay full price for a preorder. That's a hell of a lot of commitment.

And craig said himself, if gouging is going to be an issue (50 preorders are made before somebody buys up every last one to ebay off), he'll make around a 11-per-person limit.

It seems to me that something like this should be limited to no more than two or three orders per person for a preorder. If a business wants more, they should negotiate directly with the Pandora people for more. Preorders must be assumed to be an individual, and while I can see someone ordering more than one for himself and a family member or friend, any more than two or three is obviously someone planning to resell on eBay at price-gouging levels.

Best way is to increase the initial price of the Pandora, As it is Pretty cheap for what you will getting/buying into, Compared to the alternatives. This should help with the initial "Purchase as many as possible" problem, As the increased price would lower the margin for making a profit by a reseller, Thus alleviate the chances of people price-gouging Pandora`s on ebay.

Everyone`s chances of getting a Pandora are increased.

The dev team make more profit per Pandora.

It decrease`s the chances of Pandora`s appearing on ebay being sold for extortionate amounts of money, As per the PS3.

Everyone`s a winner. :D

Trooper

Nobodys gonna buy one on ebay for more than £200, when there probably will be enough to pre-order one themselves and if not the 2nd batch won't be far off the release date anyway, people have already said in alot of other forums that £200 is expensive for a handheld gaming unit, of course we all know we get a lot for the money, but the main market its aimed at is homebrew/emulation so in that respect is does look expensive...

White Demon said:
I think we need a poll for when the preorder should be.

Options should be:

Sat 27 September
Tues 30 September
Sat 4 October

What do you think?
Wow, I didn't know that customers could decide the order dates of products. Or is there a hint of sarcasm there? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
"15th Preorder" as topic title is no longer meaningful, and will just confuse people if it keeps rearing it's head.

So, it's now being closed. Feel free to open another topic with a different name.

Back