16days Entries Discussion

I can't believe Aka Noid didn't win anything... :blink:

Personally I really liked it, and it'll stay on my SMC for quite a while. I usually don't like the control for paddle games, but this one just "feels" right!

Does anybody know how many levels there are?

BTW, Woogal, on account on me sucking so much at Lacuna would it be possible to add a no-gravity option in the next version, just for laughs? :D :rolleyes:

P.S. Neither Nazca Dreams nor WW2 seem to work for me, although other Fenix games like Malvado do work. I get this message:

FENIX RUNTIME ERROR 1
Error al abrir ndreams..dcb[o]

Press any button to reboot

Does anybody know what the problem is? I tried running it in Windups and YAFL, and both had the same message...

I can't believe Aka Noid didn't win anything...  :blink:

Personally I really liked it, and it'll stay on my SMC for quite a while.  I usually don't like the control for paddle games, but this one just "feels" right! 

Does anybody know how many levels there are?

BTW, Woogal, on account on me sucking so much at Lacuna would it be possible to add a no-gravity option in the next version, just for laughs?  :D  :rolleyes:

P.S. Neither Nazca Dreams nor WW2 seem to work for me, although other Fenix games like Malvado do work.  I get this message:

FENIX RUNTIME ERROR 1
Error al abrir ndreams..dcb[o]

Press any button to reboot

Does anybody know what the problem is? I tried running it in Windups and YAFL, and both had the same message...

Or maybe you have an old version of the Runtime.
Use the one supplied with Nazca Dreams or get it here.

Last edited:
Nazca Dreams simply won't work for me. I don't get any Fenix run-time errors or anything. The game starts and plays the intro music for about two seconds, then freezes.

When I try it it loads for awhile then plays a note and then goes to a white screen and locks up. I am using a standard BLU with the default FW. The WWII game works and that is Fenix too so it is not that I am missing the library or anything.

i can't believe Aka Noid didn't win anything either, it was arcade perfect imho. Top quality.

I was surprised as well, my personal favorite of the compo; don't see myself ever taking it off my smc. This compo owned; lotsa really impressive stuff, coders made this very memorable.

Personally, I think I probably pretty much agree with the way things turned out - but this compo was so good, I do think there should have been a participation prize as well. Or an excellence award. Or something.

However, considering how expensive that would be for every entry, perhaps not. I dunno.

I just know I've spent aaaaages on Lacuna and really just tried everything else. Except the emus and Deluxe Snake, which I haven't tried yet for once. I should really give SmashGP a better play, methinks :)

Nazca Dreams simply won't work for me. I don't get any Fenix run-time errors or anything. The game starts and plays the intro music for about two seconds, then freezes.

Strange... I'll check it, maybe it's beacause some odd part of the transparency routine (titlename's fault). I want to upload a new release, in a week or so, without the bugs people are telling me.

I must say I was playing NazcaDreams on the way to work this morning, and the game rules - the sheer effort that's gone in is astounding. So yeah - thanks...

Only one quibble, and that's simply the title screen being as laggy as it is - I don't suppose there's a way to fix that? Like, say, jumping to a new screen identical to the old one but without the background having been scaled, rather at that size in the first place. Dunno if it'd work, but it would be nice; apart from that, the game is commercial quality.

I assume from the rings bits (let alone title and story) it is based somewhat on the Saturn game, but well, in 2D mostly?

Back