1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

Honestly, before you all go overboard with the conspiracies: Yes, Craig will lose money on every original pandora sent out. Thus, people who want a refund is actually financially preferable. However, if Craig really wanted to fuck people over, he wouldn't need to "stonewall" anybody anywhere. He'd just have to take his company into liquidation, sending out neither pandoras nor refunds. He hasn't. He's obviously given up on commenting in these kind of threads, for obvious reasons, and one could reasonably argue that he shouldn't have done that, but keep the complaining to that. There is no need to invent conspiracies that would actually be less profitable than just doing the legally and economically sanctioned thing and just fold.

Ill? That's just what he wants you to think as he's dining on pandora money in his secret bunker where they filmed the moon landings with his fat cat wall street buddies...

amidoinitrite?

Ah this thread is funny, its just a shame that the only thing people want is their pandora. Still could be worse, I hear the Vita is in stock everywhere! Should go buy one of those, im sure howebrew might be working on it eventually, after they get bored of throwing people in prison for hacking "their" vita...

So, to save myself from reading the last two months worth of forum posts:

Ordered from Craig/Jacqueline, confirmed end of January 2009. Has Craig even come close to shipping the orders around that time? There is no way in hell that I'm paying to upgrade after all these years, nor do I have the money in the first place.

Very short answer if you want to get a Pandora fast:

- ask Craig for refund

- get your original money back

It is not that easy as you think... 3 months™ to get response about refund.

@Jack, to be fair, when I cancelled my TVout cable, I got that back pretty quick

Honestly, before you all go overboard with the conspiracies: Yes, Craig will lose money on every original pandora sent out. Thus, people who want a refund is actually financially preferable. However, if Craig really wanted to fuck people over, he wouldn't need to "stonewall" anybody anywhere. He'd just have to take his company into liquidation, sending out neither pandoras nor refunds. He hasn't. He's obviously given up on commenting in these kind of threads, for obvious reasons, and one could reasonably argue that he shouldn't have done that, but keep the complaining to that. There is no need to invent conspiracies that would actually be less profitable than just doing the legally and economically sanctioned thing and just fold.

are you his bookie? I sure at some point money was lost but that's water under the bridge its now pure profit.

are you his bookie? I sure at some point money was lost but that's water under the bridge its now pure profit.
How do you figure that?

they haven't died of starvation and still have house's in witch they live, any sense able person would have been like lets do this and make tones of money! i'm sure there by no means millionaires yet but they are not operating a loss. I do not know they haven published any earnings and loss statements but are still buying ever more expensive (yet not really expensive chips(the 1ghz barrier was broken ages ago)... my point is how the hell does anyone know aside some them? oh you know them and hang out with them? no you have a job and a life right? lol be serious.

You know they both have jobs outside of the Pandora project, right? That's why they're not starving and are still able to slowly pay off the mortgages they took to fund the Pandora project. The Pandora was effectively a side business, a gamble that they took. The fact that they still have these outside jobs should be evidence enough that the Pandora isn't paying off.

I think the bottom line is I wish I'd ordered from Michael. He obviously cares about the project and continues to work toward the end goal for all his customers.
i'm not disagree with this. maybe it is not the truth but it is also the impression i have.

Craig said that OP/ICP were his only source of income

Unless I misunderstood his post

The iCP I could believe. Craig's shop has gone very minimal, offering just the Pandora and the iCP, and there is little doubt he's making a bit of money off the controlpad. EvilDragon is definitely still doing his video editing work, I remember him talking about it recently.

Regardless, making money on the iCP doesn't mean the Pandora is profitable; it in fact further emphasizes the point that just because they aren't starving doesn't mean the project has made money.

so what your saying is WizardStan needs to check his facts before jumping to conclusions ?
Wow. Way to be a dick.

Last edited by a moderator:
The iCP I could believe. Craig's shop has gone very minimal, offering just the Pandora and the iCP, and there is little doubt he's making a bit of money off the controlpad. EvilDragon is definitely still doing his video editing work, I remember him talking about it recently.

Regardless, making money on the iCP doesn't mean the Pandora is profitable; it in fact further emphasizes the point that just because they aren't starving doesn't mean the project has made money.

so what your saying is WizardStan needs to check his facts before jumping to conclusions ?
Wow. Way to be a dick.

na, just like the fact's like you were wrong and that's a fact, be mindful so in the future you don't repeat your self and be made a fool again just sayin.

they haven't died of starvation and still have house's in witch they live, any sense able person would have been like lets do this and make tones of money! i'm sure there by no means millionaires yet but they are not operating a loss. I do not know they haven published any earnings and loss statements but are still buying ever more expensive (yet not really expensive chips(the 1ghz barrier was broken ages ago)... my point is how the hell does anyone know aside some them? oh you know them and hang out with them? no you have a job and a life right? lol be serious.
After that earlier post, I really don't think you're in any position to complain about people who jump to conclusions.

na, just like the fact's like you were wrong and that's a fact, be mindful so in the future you don't repeat your self and be made a fool again just sayin.
Ok no. You said you thought the Pandora project had recovered its losses and that everything now was pure profit. You provided zero facts to back this up. I was genuinely curious, it seemed you might have a perspective that I didn't and as I am having a really shitty day right now I was looking forward to some worthwhile conversation with someone with such a different perspective. You're new, I like to learn new things.

You responded with more speculation (still no facts) that since they aren't starving they must be making money. This neglects MANY things, notably that they have sources of income other than the Pandora. It also neglects that someone can have a debt and not starve: I still owe $10'000 on my car but I'm not starving. The Pandora team have their own debts, including the backlog of pre-orders that need to be fulfilled.

And after giving nothing but speculation yourself, you have the gall to tell me you "just like facts"? That, sir, is bullshit. You just like being an asshole when people ask you to justify yourself. You will get your Pandora eventually, just as all of us will, because it is a debt that Craig has pledged to pay back. If the project were really all profit, as you claim, then they wouldn't have this debt to pay back and we wouldn't be having this argument.

I don't need to take your bullshit, I am having a bad enough time right now as it is. If you still think you're the ultimate purveyor of facts than I suggest you start reading and come back in a few days. Until then I bid you good day.

Well, that's under the assumption I read that post correctly. Also, to be fair, it can be quite difficult to keep up to date on these boards. I rarely look beyond the first post in the official news threads (obviously I do sometimes). I don't read anything in the 1GHz, Pandora 2 or ICP boards.

I do find it interesting that "Product 3" which is now known to be the ICP2 is still floating in the "Other Consoles" section, but that's by-the-by

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jack, to be fair, when I cancelled my TVout cable, I got that back pretty quick

Maybe because you are local and small amount were involved. I have sending questions and got back after 3 months :\ I think situation is similar to shipping old pre-orders - Craig needs to sale some to have money for a refund.

Now I'm between a hummer and an anvil do go for refund or not.

Maybe because you are local and small amount were involved.
Entirely possible

I have sending questions and got back after 3 months :\ I think situation is similar to shipping old pre-orders - Craig needs to sale some to have money for a refund.
From my understanding of a post I think ED made, that Craig has enough to refund all pre-orders, and it certainly sounds like Craig would much prefer that option, so I'm sure the only delays on that would probably be with email backlogs or something?

Of course, most of this is speculation based on things I've read on the forums.

Back