1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

The 1GHZ was not available right away back then..

lol no pandora has reall been available 'right away'

i just checked and the payment was actually feb 2012 not late 2011. When i made the payment it was "production is about to roll, pay in full to get bumped to the front of the line" and i paid 70% or so, and if those were 512mhz models i didn't notice.

i only knowingly upgraded when i found i'd missed my notification email to complete payment and opted to upgrade to 1ghz test batch so i could get one 'right away'.

and i honestly do continue to wait out of pessimism rather than enthusiasm at this point. i expect cancelling and getting a refund would take even longer than waiting for a unit, and if i don't get one now i won't get another chance.

even my pessimism has it's limits tho. won't be much longer now.

So, does anyone know how the 1Ghz units are doing atm? Did the machine worker recover, and have they started producing and sending out more, or is it just silence as always?

So, does anyone know how the 1Ghz units are doing atm? Did the machine worker recover, and have they started producing and sending out more, or is it just silence as always?
Yeah I also want to know current status of 1GHz production.

If operator is recovered there is no reason for stop production isn't it?

Or still no progress in this week without reason?

Yeah I also want to know current status of 1GHz production.

If operator is recovered there is no reason for stop production isn't it?

Or still no progress in this week without reason?

Last I knew was a few days after it happened he was back at work on the mend and they were running at full production however that was shortly after it happened, hope it is all healed up!

I came back from holliday yesterday.

I can't understand what's going on here.

So much people are complaining because they don't get theire Pandora.

WHY NOW?

Now mass production is running. Spoe pages before EvilDragon said that GC can produce 100 1GHz Pandoras a week.

Those sales can finance the old preorderers.

We're as close to deliver all preorderers as we never were bevore.

Pandoras are in stock now. That might also increase the number of sales a little because people will more likely buy what's in stock than what will be produced in some weeks.

Why can't you simply be happy and wait for your Pandora?

You're as close to it as you've never been bevore.

Be patient Evil Dragon does what he can do.

Next week I'll also help with repairings and various other stuff again. We will get things done :) .

What I want to say is that it's delivery time soon now.

I don't think it should last long now unitll some more preorderers are happy.

People were patient 4 years now. Why not being patient when a delivery is near.

Because delivery has always been near. This isnt the first time people are being told "production is ramping up"

I'm not saying there is anything they can do about it now, but telling people its going to be soon so they should be happy wait and be patient is a bit much. People are going to vent regardless.

What I want to say is that it's delivery time soon now.

I don't think it should last long now unitll some more preorderers are happy.

People were patient 4 years now. Why not being patient when a delivery is near.

Its like the kid on xmas-eve affect. When something is far off in the distance you don't really think about, when its round the corner (or potentially around the corner) the wait becomes hard, very hard. It's even worse when you're on here reading about how other people are enjoying their respective pandora's whilst you're still waiting.

I'm sure I'll be ok waiting for the pandora2 since I'll have the p1 to keep me company, until then I have nothing and its torture reading the 1ghz section :)

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if anyone still reads the current status page from time to time but.

Paid preorders (Batch 1 and 2) still left: About 400
that was updated on the 1st of september

So on one hand, not something that can be cleared overnight, but not a terrible big number. I wonder how many pre-orders disappeared with those ordering 1ghz units? Quite a few I imagine, and considering each unit also cleared another pre-order who wasnt on the 1ghz upgrade... damn, been a good couple of months for pre-orderers me thinks

So on one hand, not something that can be cleared overnight, but not a terrible big number. I wonder how many pre-orders disappeared with those ordering 1ghz units? Quite a few I imagine, and considering each unit also cleared another pre-order who wasnt on the 1ghz upgrade... damn, been a good couple of months for pre-orderers me thinks

Unfortunately it hasn't helped to actually MOVE the line forward (Craig's queue, that is). So it seems we have quite a long way to go, still.

Actually, I'm anticipating (translate: "hoping") to see some movement in the coming weeks. But remains to be seen, I guess...

An update from Craig, any update at all ... pretty please ... would go some way to calming people down. It is very frustrating to see Evil Dragon's queue position go way past Craig's - so that people ordering after me from Evil Dragon's shop are now getting their Pandora, and I'm still sitting on my hands waiting for 3.5+ years for mine. As I say it's us stuck in Craig's queue that are venting because we see Evil's queue moving forward, and we have good updates from Evil and nothing from Craig :-(.

By the time I ever get my Pandora (if ever), the Pandora 2 and icp2 will be funded on Kickstarter!

By the time I ever get my Pandora (if ever), the Pandora 2 and icp2 will be funded on Kickstarter!

Pandora 2 is still a couple years away and still depends on the success of the iCP2 kickstarter. You will get you Pandora by then.

An update from Craig, any update at all ... pretty please ... would go some way to calming people down. It is very frustrating to see Evil Dragon's queue position go way past Craig's - so that people ordering after me from Evil Dragon's shop are now getting their Pandora, and I'm still sitting on my hands waiting for 3.5+ years for mine. As I say it's us stuck in Craig's queue that are venting because we see Evil's queue moving forward, and we have good updates from Evil and nothing from Craig :-(.

I kind of agree with you, I'm hoping that Craigix is just a little busy with preparing the kickstarter and will be a little more active in replying once he's got that live...

I came back from holliday yesterday.

I can't understand what's going on here.

So much people are complaining because they don't get theire Pandora.

WHY NOW?

Now mass production is running. Spoe pages before EvilDragon said that GC can produce 100 1GHz Pandoras a week.

Those sales can finance the old preorderers.

We're as close to deliver all preorderers as we never were bevore.

Pandoras are in stock now. That might also increase the number of sales a little because people will more likely buy what's in stock than what will be produced in some weeks.

Why can't you simply be happy and wait for your Pandora?

You're as close to it as you've never been bevore.

Be patient Evil Dragon does what he can do.

Next week I'll also help with repairings and various other stuff again. We will get things done :) .

Has there been any indication for weeks that Craig is doing anything for existing pre-orders now that things are allegedly "moving."

Of course not.

That's why.

Back