1GHz units, Classic units, repairs and TV-Out Cables (2012-08-24)

I'm out on olliday now.

I did what I could and repaired as many as possible.

The rest will be done when I'm back.

See you next week :) .

Have fun on Holiday!, Pretty sure the one with the broken L shoulder button PTOD is mine, hopefully, just glad to know its there! :)

I received mine yesterday and I must say it's worth the long wait!! the pandora is better than I expected in fact :) the nubs are surprisingly good, firefox is fast in most of web pages, I had no problem installing android, everything went smoothly :) I really wish to thanks the op team for his good works...I'm sure there are plenty happy users here that never say it, so one little msg saying it is good from time to time I think :)

I received mine yesterday and I must say it's worth the long wait!! the pandora is better than I expected in fact :) the nubs are surprisingly good, firefox is fast in most of web pages, I had no problem installing android, everything went smoothly :) I really wish to thanks the op team for his good works...I'm sure there are plenty happy users here that never say it, so one little msg saying it is good from time to time I think :)

Thanks for posting that you received it ! And glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

Yes, it's good to hear people are getting pandoras. I just wish they would post when they ordered (based on the long wait part) and if they upgraded and was it through ED or Craig's shop...so the rest of us have an idea of what is going on.

Yes, it's good to hear people are getting pandoras. I just wish they would post when they ordered (based on the long wait part) and if they upgraded and was it through ED or Craig's shop...so the rest of us have an idea of what is going on.

I ordered mid 2010 through ED shop (2nd batch), then upgraded to a 1Ghz mid July 2012. I've not waited 4 years, but it'still 2 years of waiting...2 years is quite long in computer world :)

I wish for the OP team that the remaining list of preorder will be fullfiled soon because they can't make money nore real publicity for there product. They also had 4 years of problem and risk of bankrupcy, but didn't left. All my respect for them about that. It should be hard to work with so much pressure for so long.

I'm sure this has probably been confirmed before, but are Ed's and Craig's queue getting filled on a 1:1 ratio i.e. Ed's sends out 5 old pre-orders and sends 5 old pre-orders to Craig? We all know that Ed's queue of old pre-orders is much smaller than Craig's queue - due to a number of reasons - Ed probably just dealt with mostly German pre-orders, Craig was more well known and had a long running existing shop that had sold the gp32x and gp2x around the world. Ed's pre-order queue is now down to around 75 and as for order dates is well past the 01/10/2009 date that Craig's queue is still on :-(

We've no idea how many Craig has left on his queue - but it will be a lot more than Ed's queue - that's for sure - 500? Craig has been very quiet on the subject :-(

As Craig has a factor more orders to fulfill than Ed - would it have not been fairer to have a ratio based on the numbers in each others queue - so for example if Ed initially had an original pre-order queue of 200, and Craig had a pre-order queue of 600 - then they are sent out 1 to Ed and 3 to Craig. This would have mean that orders were filled fairly based on when you ordered (and not as currently based on who you ordered with).

I ordered from Craig on 01/2010 - and I don't know if I will ever see my order (and I can't really afford to upgrade).

I'm sure this has probably been confirmed before, but are Ed's and Craig's queue getting filled on a 1:1 ratio i.e. Ed's sends out 5 old pre-orders and sends 5 old pre-orders to Craig? We all know that Ed's queue of old pre-orders is much smaller than Craig's queue - due to a number of reasons - Ed probably just dealt with mostly German pre-orders, Craig was more well known and had a long running existing shop that had sold the gp32x and gp2x around the world. Ed's pre-order queue is now down to around 75 and as for order dates is well past the 01/10/2009 date that Craig's queue is still on :-(

We've no idea how many Craig has left on his queue - but it will be a lot more than Ed's queue - that's for sure - 500? Craig has been very quiet on the subject :-(

As Craig has a factor more orders to fulfill than Ed - would it have not been fairer to have a ratio based on the numbers in each others queue - so for example if Ed initially had an original pre-order queue of 200, and Craig had a pre-order queue of 600 - then they are sent out 1 to Ed and 3 to Craig. This would have mean that orders were filled fairly based on when you ordered (and not as currently based on who you ordered with).

I ordered from Craig on 01/2010 - and I don't know if I will ever see my order (and I can't really afford to upgrade).

I think I'm remembering that once upon a time it was not 1:1... but I'm not sure through... now, it is clearly 1:1, what is not sure is how much of the split goes to premium and how much to old preorder from all of craig's orders...

I thought it's only 1:1 on 1Ghz units, where as regular 512 Rebirth units it's still 3:1 ..

I thought it's only 1:1 on 1Ghz units, where as regular 512 Rebirth units it's still 3:1 ..

You're talking about a different ratio. They are referring to the division between Craig and ED.

As in it used to be for every 4 Pandoras produced (before premiums and 1GHz options) 3 would go to Craig and 1 to ED as that aprox reflected the division between the amount of orders per shop.

But now for every 4 Pandoras that will go to preorders (after the premiums and 1GHz are sold) 2 go to Craig and 2 go to ED, thus creating an inbalance in how the original pre-order queues are being serviced.

Personally I think Craig only ships those to premiums and new sales and is stonewalling the original pre orders into upgrading or refunding but seeing as he is completely quiet about it and as far as I know not a single post has been made by an original pre orderer in Craigs queue for months that they in fact have received their non upgraded unit makes this pure speculation.

EDIT: I don't blame ED at all for the inbalance in the queues for the record, I understand and respect his reasoning completely. I'm just stating the fact, not voicing any anger about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think Craig only ships those to premiums and new sales and is stonewalling the original pre orders into upgrading or refunding but seeing as he is completely quiet about it and as far as I know not a single post has been made by an original pre orderer in Craigs queue for months that they in fact have received their non upgraded unit makes this pure speculation.

it's definitely what I fear and think is going on...

So are 1GHz upgraders getting their units now? I also stumped up the cash for the upgrade since I didn't see the point in getting the older, inferior model. I think they were promised for August? I'm not surprised this is delayed again of course...

So are 1GHz upgraders getting their units now? I also stumped up the cash for the upgrade since I didn't see the point in getting the older, inferior model. I think they were promised for August? I'm not surprised this is delayed again of course...
I think the second batch of 1Ghz models was starting production today.

i'm agree this attitude is not cool but it is dangerous for the company if there are a lot of refund, isn't it?

i'm agree this attitude is not cool but it is dangerous for the company if there are a lot of refund, isn't it?

I believe that depends on the type of order being refunded. Because the original pre-orderers paid less than it now costs to produce a Pandora it is less of a loss to pay them back their money than it is to give them a Pandora. But for things bought nowadays yeah refunds are worse for the company.

Back