2.6?

Megatog615 said:
Will we be seeing a 2.6 kernel or 2.4 kernel, like the GP2X?
The Pandora OS is built on the 2.6.26 kernel. Here is where I found the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Megatog615 said:
Will we be seeing a 2.6 kernel or 2.4 kernel, like the GP2X?
The Pandora OS is built on the 2.6.26 kernel. Source
When I first saw that I thought "Has Chip just posted the kernel source code". Doh! :D

TaG said:
When I first saw that I thought "Has Chip just posted the kernel source code". Doh! :D
Fixed.

Sorry about that. I was posting from my phone and in a hurry. It didn't occur to me at the time, but in retrospect I can see how that might get people excited for nothing :D

I hope the Pandora Linux Kernel Source code gets shipped from Day One to people who want it. While originally I didn't think much of the GP2X's source code delay I wouldn't want it to happen again. I'm glad to hear we're using such a recent kernel (even my desktop kernel isn't that new), and hope that it will be updated over time.

AireTamStorm said:
I hope the Pandora Linux Kernel Source code gets shipped from Day One to people who want it. While originally I didn't think much of the GP2X's source code delay I wouldn't want it to happen again. I'm glad to hear we're using such a recent kernel (even my desktop kernel isn't that new), and hope that it will be updated over time.
+1

AireTamStorm said:
I hope the Pandora Linux Kernel Source code gets shipped from Day One
Then I'm sorry to disappoint you. The source code will be made available before then.

:)

Back