200 Pandora's Made Today?

Barnaby

Website
Visit site
Craig tweeted this not too long ago:

http://twitpic.com/1rxw1s

I asked him if that was 200 made today, and he replied "Well, it's the new attempt... can't promise it will work!" Let's hope this new attempt works out well then, as then they'll get lots of Pandora's out in no time! I hope they don't burn themselves out though - we want our Pandoras, but not as the risk of your health and wellbeing!

SPEAK ..... FOR ...... YOUR ..... SELF

anyway, its nice to get an update and to see that pic
my ps3 (60gb B/C) ylod last night, after just buying to brand new games
i need my fix, (offtopic would i be best too wait for the new ps slim)

what i would like is a rough timeline in which they

start pandora assembly, when they end it
when shipping confirmation emails are sent (doesnt everyone get an email but only ups etc get tracking id)
and when they actual ship

and ofcourse the amount, but im pretty sure thats impossible to get ...

KOTAKU REPORTS NEW VIDEO
http://kotaku.com/5549762/three-years-late-the-silent-ds-competitor-finally-hits-the-market

emcp said:

How many OpenPandora staff do you want to collapse of exhaustion to get yours quicker? XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I THINK EvilDragon said somewhere that they start at 10:00am but don't quote me on that as I can't remember if that's the case. I don't know about the rest, but meh, I can wait. I desperately want my Pandora, but it's not like I want them to rush it and possibly ruin it, and I don't want them to work too hard so they have to stop making them for a while to rest up. I think they're putting them out at a rather respectable pace now, and it seems things can only get faster! Everyone will have their Pandoras eventually :)

There is a "new" slim coming. All the same, just even smaller nm on CPU/GPU. Nothing really different. Less heat, too, I guess.

When the first units started getting to customers I wasn't that excited surprisingly. Now that it has been a few days I'm getting a little anxious. I wish I had the cash to fly there and help but right now I don't. If it was a year ago I would have jumped on a plane and secured my Pandora early and helped for a few days. Tough times right now though.

Yeah, I say work smarter not harder, which it looks like that is what the OP team is trying to do. Don't kill yourselves guys, we will still need updates after they're done!

SONY said:
Yeah, since September 1st 2009.

emcp said:

Kotaku are retards for saying this, "You'll also see that, courtesy of its onboard storage and reliance on emulation".

Oh man, I hope a Nintendo rep doesn't notice and get the wrong idea, thinking it SHIPS with emulators on. That would be a disaster.

Also it went on sale in 2008, not 2007. I bet whoever wrote that did so in 2 minutes >_<

Viral18 said:
emcp said:

How many OpenPandora staff do you want to collapse of exhaustion to get yours quicker? XD

All but one
need someone on tech support

yeah i was talking about the new 40nm RSX chip (CECH-2100A), im taking all YLOD precautions
just look at asda had the CECH-C003 or somthing like that ;)

second exodous said:
When the first units started getting to customers I wasn't that excited surprisingly. Now that it has been a few days I'm getting a little anxious. I wish I had the cash to fly there and help but right now I don't. If it was a year ago I would have jumped on a plane and secured my Pandora early and helped for a few days. Tough times right now though.

Yeah, I say work smarter not harder, which it looks like that is what the OP team is trying to do. Don't kill yourselves guys, we will still need updates after they're done!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean there. Now that Craig has said they should ship just under 400 by "the end of the week" though, I'm less anxious as I know I won't be getting mine till the end of next week, unless they speed things up (I'm 600 - 700, so there's no point getting anxious). If I had a car I'd drive and help, I live in Wales so it would only take a couple of hours.

Barnaby said:
If I had a car I'd drive and help, I live in Wales so it would only take a couple of hours.

I'll erm... drive you there... <_<

SONY said:
Yeah, since September 1st 2009.

emcp said:

Kotaku are retards for saying this, "You'll also see that, courtesy of its onboard storage and reliance on emulation".

I haven't even taken a look at the article and just by looking at the name, who ever did it should be fired. Totally didn't even get the point of the device and it certainly isn't emulation!

In other news, I still wish for a count of how many Pandoras get done a day and a running total of how many that are finished up to when we find out from Craig or whoever.

Back