2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

DroneB Dev said:
OMG, you really dont understand the mould injection process.
I've read some Wikipedia Stuff but of course I don't know much more than the average men from the street. ;)
But I've seen funny Documentations on TV, impressive "Making of Lego-Parts" where the Moulding machines fireing up a lego Brick every 2 seconds or so and I'm talking about the real complicated parts.

But when it is possible (I don't know!) to solve the Shrinking problem just by keeping the part some seconds (!!!) longer into the mould to stabilize the Structure than it would be much better than spending weeks over weeks with trying to solve the problem onto the moulds itself (if this is the source ot the issue). Just my opinion. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
My DDay is tomrrow for me. if we get another delay, I will be cancelign my oder, as my nerves are frayed and not much left. ive put my heart and souls into this project, when I preordered, and my spot is somewhere around 2000. but since this thing isnt going to happen, it just as well be 2 million. ok, the oens that dont like the others nagging and being depressed here is you a new target.

Let's try a new way of showing you the situation, we will just copy and paste the emails from the factory:

----

Dear Mr.Michael,

sorry, after i discussed with our technician and we found all of modifications would be finished on Jan.15,2010.

We compared market products with our products last week and we need more EDM working to make the same quality.

I have to inform you and so sorry for delay.

Best regards,

David

----

This will be what we do from now on.

you should read my last post again, IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT!

parts have to/should be ejected while warm due to several properties of plastics (dependig the material ABS(LEGO) PP and others.)

it reduces smears and clogged material on the plastination vias. if the mould requires the backpressure action it could get really nasty clogs
if it uses ACC and if the mould is over cooled due to the xtra formation times, it could even crack the mould bump it or get the piece stuck on its place.

think a web like basket mould, if they overcool it it will shrink and will be very hard to remove from its place in the mould, it will create not only tight grip on it but also a hard vacuum if this happens they will waste time trying to remove the piece from the mould. (sometimes hammer and bronce required)

@Craig
Great decision to post the conversation with the factory here :) Very appreciated!

+3

WOW, did one of ideas actually get listened to? AWESOME!

Chris

P.S. Now, no one should badger the team, until the 15th, or until we get a new eamil update. Thanks Craig!

now what in the world now is this jan 15th stuff. im i understanding, that the cases that are suppose to be here this week, already useless? come on nowwhat happened between friday and today.

and here we go again, with another famous , exact date, jan. 15th. oh well, i give up.

Jaguar said:
and here we go again, with another famous , exact date, jan. 15th. oh well, i give up.

So I post one of my more cryptic posts and you moan there is no exact information. We post what the factory tells us and they miss the date.

What would you do?

craigix said:
Jaguar said:

So I post one of my more cryptic posts and you moan there is no exact information. We post what the factory tells us and they miss the date.

What would you do?

No, please, the e-mail from the factory is good. Thank you.

My concern still remains, which is the time lost due to slow shipping between China and Canada. Would it be possible to pay a bit extra to have them overnighted? or second day at most? This would cut down days or even weeks if more than a couple of new revs are necessary. Even if you don't think that they will be necessary, it's worth it to do everything possible to get this out the door as fast as possible.

Craig, im just wondering how fast things travel. friday we were told that somecases were to be shipped today,? are these cases now not going to be shipped, because of the eamil from the factory. if they have indeed been shipped.how do you that they are already useless.

For once they probably will meet this date, the last cases were almost there, the changes are minimal this time.

Mostly they are just improving the finish.

so there isnt anycases coming then this week, thats all im trying to find out. and i do appreciate your time.

Back