2xwargus: Warcraft 2 Engine Re-implementation

fusion_power said:
I hope this port will be continued by someone. Great Game but it should be more optimized for the GP2X and the Savegame-Issues should be solved. The mentioned onscreen infos like Building costs or Unit status-bars could be included and the Performance baybe increased.
...And somehow the cheats could be accessed onto the GP2X port. :D
If you have any other ideas, mention them here and I might come back and pick it up, but not anytime very soon, if Adventus really does permanently move on to other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be very good Senor Quack, it's so rare, that a unfinished and stopped Homebrew Project will continued, at least onto the GP2X.

...Whoops, I wrote "baybe" instead of "maybe" :lol: ...

Some of my thoughts are listed some pages back onto this Thread, you can also see some example pix of what I meant and what I found during playing this game (as far you could call it "play" with an F-100 and without Touchscreen :lol: )
I wanted to fix some things into all these "lua" scripts but I have no talent for this. I had searched for the building cost-displays (bottom right like onto the PC Version) but I 've found nothing.
The AI of WC2 is not that great but it builds much to fast for the possibilities onto the GP2X. (actualy the AI itself has no tactics instead of building fast and sending a huge bunch of powerful units to kill you)

A Cheat Menu for the GP2X would help me to test the game more (and stand against the unfair AI) and a working Savegame Function would also help. ^_^
Ability to Group Units (the CTRL+ Number functions) would be cool but the lack of Buttons onto the GP2X makes it difficult.

OK, sounds good.. I like polishing things. Remember when I went back and fixed the German translation of UQM?

Senor Quack said:
OK, sounds good.. I like polishing things. Remember when I went back and fixed the German translation of UQM?
Aaah, yes, I remember now. :) And AFAIK the fix was only, becasue I mentioned the translation issue. (I am really the only one who seriously TEST & PLAYS all these GP2X Games? :lol: ) I should continue with UQM, I have a full equipped Ship and a good bunch of Money but I'm not too far into the complex Storyline. ^^""

Uh, while polishing the WC2 Port here, maybe you can find out what causes slowdowns (stuttering). It happens (of course) with many Units ingame (onscreen or not doesn't mattter), especially when playing against more then one Enemy. (not very recommended) Overclocking brings nothing, I also have copied the mmuhack.o into the Game Directory becasue somewhere in the lua files there was a refference to this (missing) file...but I couldn't see performance boosts.
Mouse Acceleration could also be adjusted for more precise Actions ( Cursor starting slow and then get faster) there is a commandline Parameter but a Adjustment ingame via option screen would be more comfortable. I really love Option Screens :)

... by the way...I also have other discontinued GP2X Games onto my SD that could need seriously polishing ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back