Heres the 3rd public Beta of my Zdoom port: Download Beta 1.2
You can get a wad selector made by bman here: Selector Frontend
Originally Zdoom was a source port of Doom based on ATB Doom and NTDOOM, however its been significantly extended and now supports Heretic, Hexen, Doom, Doom 2 & Strife, aswell as almost every mod made for these games. It is probably considered the defacto standard doom port and hence most modders strive to support it. Some interesting total conversions are: Blood, Wolfenstein 3D, Half-life, Quake, Quake 2, Duke Nukem, Golden Eye, Hell Raiser, HacX....
Most Recent Changelog:
- Fixed the flickering walls bugs.
- Music now loops fine.
- Handles 'cant find timidity' gracefully. Just outputs no audio instead of crashing.
- Added cmd argument "-timidity " so you can specify the location of timidity if it differs from 'mnt/sd/timidity'
- Added cmd argument "-frontend ". After 2xZdoom exits, will be executed.
- Added cmd argument "-stdlog", to enable stdout and stderr logging.
- Added Stick click as mappable button. NOT TESTED.
- I have implemented a SDL sound renderer. So sound and music should be supported in all games.
- So far I've tested the Strife, Doom 1, Hexen & Heretic demos. Its up to you guys to test the rest. I suspect some of the more complicated mods might not be playable.
- Don't forget to read 2xZdoom220.txt and go to the "customize controls" menu to set the controls for each game.