3 quick questions

whitestripes44

Still Fresh
Hey all,

I've got 3 sort of unrelated questions for everyone.

1) As an American without a GP32 yet, how will the European launch affect me? Considering I am happy with the non-FLU GP32, should I just buy now from thediscountshop, or wait till after launch? What will prices likely be like then?

2) I can't remember who, but somebody mentioned a wormlight for the GP32. I think i'm interested in buying one of those! Whoever sells them just post a quick response plz; maybe some pictures would be nice too.

3) What are the top 10 games you emulate on the GP? I'm really getting into retro gaming, but I'm still new, and don't know all the end-all-best titles yet.

Thanks!

alright the euorpean launch will afeect you cause then you import from europe instead of korea ;)

no wormlight it was made using a GBA wormlight and a connector

www.gp32spain.com has an top 100 list for retro games

1) Might wanna wait for Euro-launch, I heard the FLU's will be pretty cheap at the launch, but thats still pounds, so you have import fee. I'd go with discount shop, where I got mine.

2) Yeah, there is a wormlight, 20 shipped, TFJBryant makes them. Here's a pic.
DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

3) there is no games emulated singulary, aside of Doom really.

I use

1) NES Emulator - By far what I'm used too, and most games
2) Gameboy/Gameboy color :eek:
3) Game Gear/SMS
4) CP Cinema

This is where I don't like my GP 32. There is so much to do but I feel I barely use it. SNES emulation isn't worth looking into really yet.. I don't really use the Other systems. I have a PCengine emulator, its great.

For the best retrogames at a decent speed go for Castaway (ST emu). Loads of arcade games of the time were released for it and it has decent graphics with no frameskip.

For REAL retrogaming go for Frodo (C64 emulator). Like the ST, loads of arcade games from the time were released on it, and it requires no frameskipping.

Then there's the upcoming fMame32 (video posted elsewhere of Ghouls N Ghosts (or is it Ghosts N Goblins?) in action). fMame will have restrictions (8 meg of ram rules out loads of roms without even considering processing power required) but for the old skool, it'll be great. I'll probably be getting a new SMC just for Mame!

You may also want to check out PCEngine. Its a great emulator and the TG-16(pc engine) had some really great games, especially shoot em ups. You also can't go wrong with any of the Mega mans, marios and castlevanias with NES emulators. BTW i think the guy that had the wormlights was selling them for $20, not sure if that included the shipping or not.

Back