3 Year Anniversary

Come on ED, don't waste your time on the troll. Some people just come here to kick up a stink, half of them probably haven't even pre-ordered or have any intention of doing so.

From my observation of this company since I began watching is that it has done, and is still doing everything it can to keep this project going. It has been an utterly gut wrenching journey through a black tunnel full of dog poo and wasps, and whenever the end of that tunnel gets nearer it seems to get a little further away, but at no point has any one of the team decided to drop everything and head for the exit, which many lesser men would do. These guys are still clawing through the muck to reach that pinprick of light, honestly facing their customers when something goes wrong, wringing their caps in their hands and enduring torrents of bullshit from a small group of people (the trolls) that don't have any idea how hard it is to do something like this.

The fact that there are so many people still waiting, getting understandably annoyed occasionally, but still hanging on, just goes to show the enormous amount of trust that we have in these men. That didn't happen accidentally, it happened because we believe that they're doing the best they can, and that we trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first it is to be bothered is openpandora team.

They wasted your money, they wasted your time.
You're a proper little ray of sunshine aren't you?

6 posts (one I assume was removed by yourself or a mod) all in one thread. You sir, are the worst kind of troll.

See, while we surely ARE responsible for a lot of delays by learning what we're doing, this surely doesn't fall into that category.
Sounds like "janitors and guards" locked up the office, so you cannot get inside and work, then you go report it to _community_, and all ya-ya like some old drunk bums

That's the true working rule of openpandora team

Hold on - this is no troll!

This guy is an expert! He knows what he's talking about and could create a handheld like this within 3 months from scratch!

He's a god amongst gods!

I'm looking forward to this new handheld already, will it be available for Christmas?? ;)

From my observation of this company since I began watching is that it has done, and is still doing everything it can to keep this project going. It has been an utterly gut wrenching journey through a black tunnel full of dog poo and wasps, and whenever the end of that tunnel gets nearer it seems to get a little further away, but at no point has any one of the team decided to drop everything and head for the exit, which many lesser men would do. These guys are still clawing through the muck to reach that pinprick of light, honestly facing their customers when something goes wrong, wringing their caps in their hands and enduring torrents of bullshit from a small group of people (the trolls) that don't have any idea how hard it is to do something like this.

Beautifully, if somewhat disgustingly, put. These guys aren't professionals who should be held so firmly to task for their failings. ED is a hobbyist with balls of fucking steel who has poured more into the Pandora than I would imagine anyone here could ever fathom. If I wore a hat, I'd tip it to him.

Any other company, I'd have bailed out and told them to screw themselves by now. But this is a community effort, not to mention an entertaining and enlightening journey. I still don't have my Pandora, yet I've been thoroughly entertained!

He's a god amongst gods!

Don't belittle him, he is far more epic than we deities can comprehend. I personally know of 16 handhelds, 24 full size games console, and 7 super computers this awesome spark has produced at the exact same time as typing those 7 posts

I can't help but feel that trolls can smell a bit of turmoil at the moment with all the changes and are just popping up to stick the knives in where they can. I doubt any/many of these people have a pre-order otherwise, with such aggressive opinions, they would have actually said something earlier. If it is existing users creating duplicate accounts to hide their faces, well they're just cowards.

Ignore it all and don't feed them.

If it is existing users creating duplicate accounts to hide their faces, well they're just cowards.
Most forum boards log IP addresses that accounts log in with, should be easy enough for an admin to unmask if desired. I'd find it hard to believe this troll really is a "new" user, but then, this is the internet, and there are many sick people around

If it is existing users creating duplicate accounts to hide their faces, well they're just cowards.
Most forum boards log IP addresses that accounts log in with, should be easy enough for an admin to unmask if desired. I'd find it hard to believe this troll really is a "new" user, but then, this is the internet, and there are many sick people around

In this case, I don't think so. Perhaps he's from the other forums, but he's not - as far as I can ascertain - from this one. Unless he's taking other measures to obfuscate his identity.

Did I open Pandora's box by starting this thread? :D

Seriously, I don't blame the openpandora team for the latest delays. It's clear that CC has dropped the ball on this. I'm sure if openpandora knew that CC was like this, they would have never signed a contract with them.

The only thing that the openpandora team has done that has upset me is the "premium orders."

See, while we surely ARE responsible for a lot of delays by learning what we're doing, this surely doesn't fall into that category.
Sounds like "janitors and guards" locked up the office, so you cannot get inside and work, then you go report it to _community_, and all ya-ya like some old drunk bums

That's the true working rule of openpandora team
unimagined unmitigated stupidity plague. Is there a spark ?i doubt it .You sir are a triple a Grade Plonker.

OK, back on topic..

date: 2 October 2008 09:30

subject: Your order from OPENPANDORA LIMITED has been processed

Yep, just passed my third year anniversary too.

Actually, I have no idea what I will do when it arrives.

I mean, I fill most of my morning checking the boards and my mails to see if there has been the tiniest sliver of news.

How am I supposed to fill my time when I get my Pandora ??

(Rhetorical question, no reply needed.)

Oh, and just in case anyone didn't detect the sarcasm:

Keep up the good work all of you Pandora contributors; whether it be investors, distributors, devs, game designers, porters, modders, hackers, wiki authors, forum mods and generally anyone who helps out.

Still can't wait to get my unit.

unimagined unmitigated stupidity plague. Is there a spark ?i doubt it .You sir are a triple a Grade Plonker.
Sorry, but I'm not participate in pandora activities, nor have or ever plan to buy this vaporware.

And it was said already, that I'm kinda outsider here, so It makes me totally different from all your 'grade S plonker'-community here.

Since you relay on personal attacks, not proper management, it makes quite a display why pandora fails to produce.

IMHO the same tone openpandora team used in negotiations to any of organizations that was developing hardware for them:

-Geve all our f%%5n nuubs, idiots, WE ARE BACKENED BY teh community

-Orientate the WIFI aNNtennA, so community is happy

-Give US boardz till we happy! OtherWiZE TEH commUnity ring your pathetic american company to mot%$#@ng death!

[there comes ED with his polite email]

-Haben ist die boardz, herr Clit?

Sorry for offensive language in mine post. I beg your pardon, and will stop posting on this boards.

Sorry, but I'm not participate in pandora activities, nor have or ever plan to buy this vaporware.
Then why are you here? If you have no interest either way, why even bother coming on and shouting abuse?

In addtion, people like you are a distraction from those people who are really needing support, so you contribute as much to their problem as anybody else.

Grow up

Sie, not ist, Boardz should be capitalized, and I think the article is wrong here.

Don't leave us, dude, your posts are beautiful, they remind me of these Linux vs Windows holy wars I love to read now and then.

And it was said already, that I'm kinda outsider here, so It makes me totally different from all your 'grade S plonker'-community here.

Since you relay on personal attacks, not proper management, it makes quite a display why pandora fails to produce.

IMHO the same tone openpandora team used in negotiations to any of organizations that was developing hardware for them:

-Geve all our f%%5n nuubs, idiots, WE ARE BACKENED BY teh community

-Orientate the WIFI aNNtennA, so community is happy

-Give US boardz till we happy! OtherWiZE TEH commUnity ring your pathetic american company to mot%$#@ng death!

[there comes ED with his polite email]

-Haben ist die boardz, herr Clit?

Sorry for offensive language in mine post. I beg your pardon, and will stop posting on this boards.
Uber muppet. I get it. This is what you do to pass the days of your tedious life.Now piss off.

Back