3d Rpg Type Games

Samalthos

Still Fresh
Website
www.myspace.com
I anyone developing or know of a Zelda/Kingdom Hearts type game. I really would like to see a game like this on Pandora. I particularly like the game play of Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts 2. Plus a good story line couldn't hurt.

Exarus said:
I anyone developing or know of a Zelda/Kingdom Hearts type game. I really would like to see a game like this on Pandora. I particularly like the game play of Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts 2. Plus a good story line couldn't hurt.

well this is what I would recommend. Get yourself a copy of temper for the pc-engine. Then find Neutopia 1 and neutopia 2 they are zelda type rpg's for the turbografx and have at them not only are they great but nice to look at although they are not 3d. Then of course there is egoboo2x 3d game with opengl which is also in the download section here http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,2003 however my oppinion is that neutopia 1 and 2 are much better games with tons of hours to play between the 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i'll be doing that Sunday i think. if I get the time. I have no qualms for 2d I was just wondering about 3d. If there aren't any that's okay. there are enough 2d RPG's out there to play for months maybe even years.

There are some great ones on PSX which will be great on the Pandora. Final Fantasy (obviously), but also Vagrant Story, Jade Cocoon and others.

Two of my friends and I have been playing through some of the games in the Tales series. We played Tales of Symphonia (on GameCube) over the summer, and are currently playing Tales of the Abyss (PS2). They're more along the lines of Final Fantasy than LoZ, but they're loads of fun (and the storylines are absolutely incredible).

suggest PSX titles:

Crusaders of Might&MAgic
Warriors of Might&Magic
DarkStone
Medievil 1-2

Im playing around with concepts and I have touched this, it will be some sort of RPG, right now I'm aiming for something a long the lines of NWN - both singel and multiplayer (not as big but including a map/scenario editor), but it's just a project to see what I really can do, might not even go as far as being published / released and even if it does it will take at least 2years is my best guess.

Yeah dude, I would just play some PSX RPG's.

My Original game that I'm working on that I referenced before originally being coded with the XNA engine called Solar Star Story (S^3) has influences from Metroid, Devil May Cry, and Shadow of the Callouses won't be coming out for Pandora until spring of 2009 via Shadow_Point.Games. I'm working on assets for four projects(Mario HDR(Pandora), NIX(Pandora), Pocket Shooter(GL Basic--GP2x), Solar Star Story(XNA--Pandora) ) at the same time (insane, I know--vaporware, it will never be). I have my hands full as two of them are going to be part of my demo reel and I am 60% done with the assets. Wish me luck :unsure: .

Game_over said:
Yeah dude, I would just play some PSX RPG's.
My Original game that I'm working on that I referenced before originally being coded with the XNA engine called Solar Star Story (S^3) has influences from Metroid, Devil May Cry, and Shadow of the Callouses won't be coming out for Pandora until spring of 2009 via Shadow_Point.Games. I'm working on assets for four projects(Mario HDR(Pandora), NIX(Pandora), Pocket Shooter(GL Basic--GP2x), Solar Star Story(XNA--Pandora) ) at the same time (insane, I know--vaporware, it will never be). I have my hands full as two of them are going to be part of my demo reel and I am 60% done with the assets. Wish me luck :unsure: .

Why not doing them one at a time?

Last edited by a moderator:
....ADD. lol just kidding

I've been systematically working on them until I get to a certain point then I will continue working on my projects one at a time. For me I'ts easier to do that so I won't get stuck in a clout of version-ing.

Back