3do-a-go-go!

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Just thought I'd let everyone know I got a 3DO from GameStation today, £70 with 15 games... good deal?
I've never played on one before, but'm very impressed so far. Need For Speed, Gex, Off-World Interceptor, Mega-Race and Escape From Monster Manor are great games, Gex has that Bubsy the Bobcat feel about it, which is good. Way of the Warrior and Demolition Man are probably the worst games I've ever played, but on the whole, I'm kinda pleased.

Sorry for rambling, could anyone tell me if I got a good deal on it or anything? Or what they think of 3DO as a whole? Carry on... Sorry again.

that seems to be about an average price for a 3do and that many games. Which one did you get? Front loader or top loader, Goldstar? I always thought the 3do was a good system with good potential, just ruined by the $800 price tag at release.

This was my favorite console for the longest time. I liked a lot of the titles for it.

Let's see-
1) Space Hulk is always good.
2) Brain Dead 13 was fun and funny.
3) Dragon's Lair and Space Ace were great.
4) The absolute BEST version of Star Control 2 is on the 3DO. They had voice actors! Made the game feel totally different! I always wondered why the PC version didn't have this. If you find a copy for the 3DO and like StarCon2 then buy it. Don't hesitate. You'll love it!
5) Super Street Fighter II was good also but the load time was long.
6) Wing Commander III - Heart of the Tiger. Must have game. :)

It's a front-loading one. When I got it I was kinda confused by it only having one controller port, but I got the new issue of Retro Gamer today, and that made me hit my head against the wall a bit (the controllers have controller ports on them! Genius!).

Anyway, the games it came with are:

The Need For Speed
Gex
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
VR Stalker
Return Fire: Maps O'Death
Demolition Man
Way of the Warrior
Space Ace/Brain Dead 13/Dragon's Lair demo disc
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Powers Kingdom
FIFA International Soccer
MegaRace
PO'ed
Escape From Monster Manor
Super Wing Commander
Off-World Interceptor
Star Wars: Rebel Assault

I've been reading about Return Fire, it sounds great, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Will Maps O'Death work without the original Return Fire d'y'reckon?

TwoHeadedBoy posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:02 PM said:
I've been reading about Return Fire, it sounds great, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Will Maps O'Death work without the original Return Fire d'y'reckon?

Aah... Return Fire. I forgot about that little gem also. :)

No Maps O' Death needs the original to function.

Shockwave: Assault also needed the original Shockwave to function. BTW - Shockwave is a nice flight sim/blast aliens game. Surprised you didn't get it with the console. It's the most common 3DO game out I believe.

Gah I miss my 3DO now!! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back