3Ds "slide Pad"

Remove the second screen, Destroy the DS name
Remove the cameras, or atleast one of them (talk about gimmicks)

add a second analogue,
more controls would be nicer but not necessary

Upgrade the specs, possibly make screen bigger

remove all gimmicky game, pretend nintendos "this gen" never happened (ie drop the gimmicks, wii fit blah)

and then well talk
3d is a nice touch, would love to get a tech demo of a mini webcam attach to pandora, and head tracking software, to make the window like 3d
Take note, current owners and case modders

Nub looks a bite to me, definately gone for the pandora style rather than psp one... "one...pfffft"

I like the colours though and that the buttons and nub/dpad are all matched colour

I could be tempted though to part ex my ds lite for one if there's new mario platforms for it, then sell it on when done

I bet you cold... hard... cash... that you can't get it in these colours. Nintendo have a bad track record for this.

Looks like it'll be a good companion to my Pandora. Good to see them continue to make excellent stuff, instead of making the mistake of catering to hardcores, since that landed them with problems in the past. :)

Strange, I remember the big N said the distance between the two screens would be negligible. Is this pic for real?

As long as they follow through with making an OoT remake, I will definitely be buying that handheld.

-God Ginrai

Give me one 100 billion dollar and I'll get you all colours you want :lol:

dr-evil.JPG

SONY said:
SomeGuy99 said:
I bet you cold... hard... cash... that you can't get it in these colours. Nintendo have a bad track record for this.

How much money do you want to bet?

Uh... £1? We can paypal the winner?

I bet you it doesn't launch in those colours. I bet you £1. If you agree post a picture of people shaking hands (and I'll do the same).

:)

Or not, up to you really!

Last edited by a moderator:
What CPU/GPU does the 3DS use?
I find the Graphics very good for such a small Device, I bet it is not more powerful than our Pandora. :) Makes me happy to see such Stuff (of course not stereoscopic but still "classic" 3D) onto the Pandora. I bet it is possible in theory. Maybe the 3DS has no Linux underneeth and no real slow-downers like X or an unoptimized GFX Driver layer but I bet we will also see nice Homebrew 3D (again: NOT stereoscopic! ) Stuff in the Future of our Pandora, even if the Pandora HW Acceleration needs still a little bit tweaking here and there. ^^

fusion_power said:
What CPU/GPU does the 3DS use?
I find the Graphics very good for such a small Device, I bet it is not more powerful than our Pandora. :) Makes me happy to see such Stuff (of course not stereoscopic but still "classic" 3D) onto the Pandora. I bet it is possible in theory. Maybe the 3DS has no Linux underneeth and no real slow-downers like X or a GFX Driver layer but I bet we will also see nice Homebrew 3D (again: NOT stereoscopic! ) Stuff in the Future of our Pandora, even if the Pandora HW Acceleration needs still a little bit tweaking here and there. ^^

Speak for yourself. I want a driver for anaglyph glasses. How else will I enjoy the (eventual) Virtual Boy emulator? :)

Edit: obviously the driver is for 3D stuff. Stereoscopic N64 baby!

HackModford said:
Facepalm (in regards to one nub)

Now what I'm most interested about is how the 3d works and what it looks like...
I think it works by a special LCD screen that is able to project pixels in multiple directions. That is, there are two screens being rendered, one for each eye. Much like those "3D" pictures that have those ridges that you can scratch to make noise.

Just a guess.

We already have a thread discussing the 3DS here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54404-the-nintendo-3ds/

I'm very interested in the 3D screen, personally.

Though I don't know if I'll be buying one. I think the Pandora will be enough for a few years...

Back