50,000 Sales Mark For 06, What About 07?

I think it could sell more if the price was a bit lower. I know several people that wanted one to develop on but didn't get one because they said it was expensive.

Anhaedra posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:43 AM said:
I think it could sell more if the price was a bit lower. I know several people that wanted one to develop on but didn't get one because they said it was expensive.

Those are the breaks when you don't have loads of commercial titles to offset hardware cost. Sony and Nintendo make money on the games so they can afford to sell hardware at a loss or break even.

GPH must make money on hardware or there would be no money to keep going. It is a different model. GP2X is more expensive at first, then afterwards free. DS, PSP cheap at first, but when you add up all of the games you buy it ends up being alot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Feb 5 2007 at 10:51 PM said:
Anhaedra posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:43 AM said:

Those are the breaks when you don't have loads of commercial titles to offset hardware cost. Sony and Nintendo make money on the games so they can afford to sell hardware at a loss or break even.

GPH must make money on hardware or there would be no money to keep going. It is a different model. GP2X is more expensive at first, then afterwards free. DS, PSP cheap at first, but when you add up all of the games you buy it ends up being alot more.

its true with all the DS games I bought plus the DS light and wifi dongle I realized "shit I could of used this cash to buy a gp2x " sold the DS and all that crap and bought me a gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back