8 Gig Sd Cards Would These Work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neo Geo roms are about 4GB.. SCUMMVM data files are about 3GB.. another GB for MAME.. then there are all the other systems and homebrew games.. it all tends to add up very quickly.

So even 8GB isn't really enough but it would be a nice improvement over 4GB.

Next week I'll get 8GB RiDATA Cards in stock here. I'll post to the boards if they are working or not.

Any update?

They shouldn't work at all actually until a new firmware addresses this issue (and if the GP2X can/if they care at all):

Wikipedia on SD cards:

A new SD format, SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), allows capacities in excess of 2GB (4GB to 32GB). SDHC uses the same form factor as SD, but compatibility is not complete in either direction. The SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing)

There's a slight possibility this is already supported, but don't count on it at all.

Neo Geo roms are about 4GB.. SCUMMVM data files are about 3GB.. another GB for MAME.. then there are all the other systems and homebrew games.. it all tends to add up very quickly.

So even 8GB isn't really enough but it would be a nice improvement over 4GB.

Random comment, but the vast majority of those are redundant on Gngeo2x (size wise). My MAME is only 226 MB with every Neo Geo game removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 4gb SDHC card. It definitely DOESN'T work with the GP2X with current firmware 2.0.0.

Back