8 Gig Sd Cards Would These Work?

I think Ill skip out on the 8GB cards until this fixes itself:
http://www.amazon.com/150X-QMEMORY-SECURE-...s=miscellaneous

hehe...

There are $180 cards too. This one must shit ice cream or something.

Is it chocolate? Specifically...rocky road? But fine, moose tracks will work too.

So very delicious, I have an entire tub of good humor chocolate ice cream in my fridge sitting there unopened. Maybe with some tea and biscuits, I shall eat some tommorow afternoon. Mmm...ice cream...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's way too dear, even though it's 8GB. You could probably get four 2GB SD cards for half the price if you're lucky.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820208088

Finally newegg has an 8 GB SD card, SDHC too.

Let's hope the GP2X can support it one day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...;category=50526

Also this guy seems to have cheap readers...

better be carefull ive had 3 card readers 2 from ebay both of them shorted out I got a belkin from argos (b4 the ebay ones) and its still in use to this day. Besides we know ledshoppe do good card readers theyll get 1 that supports sdhc soon :D

as far as I know my Linux (which works with a standard 2.6 kernel) the problem of writing ntfs on Linux is that it's not capable of (somewhat) updating the allocation table (like a FAT, but not on a fat-fs), so you're able to write/modify any file as long as the final size of the file is neither smaller nor bigger than the original file in terms of allocation units (so, rounded by 4kb)

a friend of mine got a broken, fake SD card, which is detected as 4gb but if you try to write 128mb it blows all your data...

chaos engineer posted on Dec 2 2006 at 04:28 PM said:
Fuck, I bought a SandDisk Ultra II 4GB, it doesn't work. Did not realize that it is a SDHC cause I have an Ultra II 2 GB that works fine.

I did the same! However, with an ext -> USB host adaptor cable I've connected my GP2X to the tiny Sandisk Micromate reader(SDDR 113) for extremely portable additional storage (with usb host mode enabled on the GP2X) - neat solution to my mistake and scalable :)

in issue 31 of retro gamer (all about the next nintendo console)

At back (page 95) theres the standard gp2x ad, IT states it supports up t0 8gb sd and beyond.

Now somebody could buy an 8gb card if it didnt work contact gp2x.co.uk (as that advert is for it) and complain with the proof they are falsey advertising. Youd get your money back at least :D .

There was a war game out when the xbox 360 came out and lots of people bought it and the ad had really awsome graphics. They got sued to high heavens thats why they bought back the "not actual gameplay"

red bull was the same as that never actually gave you wings (thats why it changed to wiiiiiiiiiiiiings)

Just a thought

chuckiebear posted on Dec 3 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
chaos engineer posted on Dec 2 2006 at 04:28 PM said:
Fuck, I bought a SandDisk Ultra II 4GB, it doesn't work. Did not realize that it is a SDHC cause I have an Ultra II 2 GB that works fine.

I did the same! However, with an ext -> USB host adaptor cable I've connected my GP2X to the tiny Sandisk Micromate reader(SDDR 113) for extremely portable additional storage (with usb host mode enabled on the GP2X) - neat solution to my mistake and scalable :)

ok, good idea, however, the problem is solved, I was able to get my money back, now I ordered a Ridata 4GB from ED's shop. There you have the guarantee that it is compatible

BradN posted on Dec 8 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
It can easily support 8GB SD cards, just maybe not SDHC...

Are there any Non-SDHC 8 gig cards out that work?

I am getting tight on space :p

Shikaku posted on Dec 8 2006 at 12:17 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Dec 8 2006 at 03:12 PM said:
so any 150x card wont work? :blink:

Uh.... only SDHC doesn't work at the moment. Where the fuck did you get the idea that 150x doesn't work?
ummm
im new to the whole idea of there being:
a. different styles of sd cards
b. sd cards with more than 256mb

yeah. i used to use sd cards on my palm m130
that was a long time ago im still new with all the new
sd cards <_<
sorry for being a dumbass

Back