8 Gig Sd Cards Would These Work?

2.0.0 is current for me. 2.1.1 isn't going to allow my SDHC card to work though surely. It's not mentioned in any of the updates

More info soon - we need to make sure that it can address the whole 8GB - using the gp2x to do that is sssslllooowww. 8GB is a lot of data.

More info soon - we need to make sure that it can address the whole 8GB - using the gp2x to do that is sssslllooowww. 8GB is a lot of data.

Cool hope this works my wimpy 4-gig just don't cut it anymore.

If it works could you test it w/FW 2.0?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as I'm not currently into NeoGeo games (strikes me as waaaay too much effort to get the emulator sussed, though I probably will some day for Metal Slug), I'm actually finding a 1gb is easily enough for me. That's 2 films, a good 2 hours of tango music, and 20-30 games from about 6 different systems, plus a few talkie scumm ones and some of the better bits of homebrew :)

8gb, for me at least, would just be overkill!

Very cool that it works though!

I'd not buy a 8gb card just yet, it seems the gp2x can read and write to the 8gb card but it cannot detect the actual size of the card (it returns an error).

So while it sort of works I imagine it will have random errors and such, a card reader which can access an 8gb card would make testing easier, does anyone know of one?

On the flip side it does not look like it will be too much work to get it working 100%.

I'd not buy a 8gb card just yet, it seems the gp2x can read and write to the 8gb card but it cannot detect the actual size of the card (it returns an error).

So while it sort of works I imagine it will have random errors and such, a card reader which can access an 8gb card would make testing easier, does anyone know of one?

On the flip side it does not look like it will be too much work to get it working 100%.

Sweet! I doubt I would ever use an 8gb card though.

What brand are you using?

I take it that I could fill up the 8 gb on the card and it could still access everything. That would be good enough for me.

What brand are you using?

I take it that I could fill up the 8 gb on the card and it could still access everything. That would be good enough for me.

He means that that could be a warning that it can randomly crap out in any way for no reason (NTFS mounted partitions in Linux currently act this way).

(NTFS mounted partitions in Linux currently act this way).
Really? I've never had any problems...

Err back then at least. From what I understand even today a file can "potentially fail to write." If this occurs it won't happen.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://wiki.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=ntf...sion_of_windows

I'm reading this but it doesn't suggest for or against my idea of how it works today.

Seeing as I'm not currently into NeoGeo games (strikes me as waaaay too much effort to get the emulator sussed, though I probably will some day for Metal Slug)

It's really not complicated at all.

In fact some games are easier to get running than with other emulators.(including games like Metal Slug)

If I was able to do it with no effort, ANYBODY can, believe me :p

Seeing as I'm not currently into NeoGeo games (strikes me as waaaay too much effort to get the emulator sussed, though I probably will some day for Metal Slug)

It's really not complicated at all.

In fact some games are easier to get running than with other emulators.(including games like Metal Slug)

If I was able to do it with no effort, ANYBODY can, believe me :p

While I agree with this person, the guide I made does look daunting; it's not complicated at all. Hell, look for a fullset somewhere if you are so scared about setting it up yourself.

Remember, all I did was apply some thought when I was figuring out how it works. Here is literally my thought process in figuring out how it worked:

MAME Dataset==romrc, sort of.

Romrc works by size and exact file naming, there is no crc (checking for the exact file it wants) check.

-- Side info, but not really important: Neo Geo roms are all exactly the same: data: sound, sound location/music, GFX, game code.

Therefore: give info on how the romrc works, and give simplest fix to the most common problem. The second most common problem is then addressed: give info on how to make your own structure for a rom.

It's more the whole time thing - when I'm about to play 2x for a bit, I'll usually have about 20 minutes to sort out what I want on my card, which includes working out what's there in ther first place, and time to copy (I've a slow reader).

On that basis, and that I'm not very familiar with the NeoGeo catalogue, I don't tent to feel I've the time to work things out when I'm also trying to work out which SNES/Gen games I want and if there's any recent cool-looking homebrew.

And when I'm not about to redesign my SD layout, I tend not to be too inclined to fiddle these days... hey hey.

Anyway, this thread's about filling up 8gb with wonderfully unused junk once it becomes fully compatible, not about my impatience with working out NeoGeo :)...

Back