A 3d Demo, That's It, Nothing Else Really.

RoboJoe32

I've noticed alot of other systems have had tech demos on them (PD roms or official) And was wondering, what is the limit for what the GP32 can render smoothly? (A tech demo could just be a world you move about in a quake spectator sort of way, Or it could be just a rotatable object on screen)

The yeti3D engine would be a dream of a tech demo, but from what i've seen There's no download of it that you can run directly on your GP just to give it a run.

And dark Fader's reflective(or is it a chrome effect to simulate it?) 3D tech demo is pretty nice, but I know the GP32 can have a bit more power squeezed from it ;)

I think a tech demo with several versions of the same model (Example, a car in low detail, medium detail, and then high detial with some tricks to make it look reflective) would be interesting, hell, a tech demo with ONE nice looking model would be interesting.

Several demos with 3D stuff have already been released, some avail here and or on pdroms, there are around 5 GP32 demos on pouet.net aswell..
GoatPark32 and 256goats are 2 really nice ones..:D

---
mithris

Yeti3d is in fxe formet, u mite not be able to download it at the moment but ive tryed it, and its very smooth.

All it need its to have billboarded enemie and some sort of gui and weapons showing.

it's in FXE form? Where? :blink:

"Also, watched the goatpark demo, that was insanely cool."

"Holy crap at the 256 goats demo, Ignore what I said about 3D demos."

godd yeti 3d could have been amazing but nothing has happened 2 it the latest releases are absolutely amazing no more being limited 2 just cubes !!!!!!! !($&)£&5 0897

Back